Chapter 64: Quick Pitstop

I would tell you that running wasn't killing me. It was.

Take all the pain you've ever experienced experienced, and double that. It really hurt, but I needed to return to fighting crime and fools, running fast around the world. Taylor was going into something she couldn't do alone, which she wasn't, but I could NOT just sit there.

It's weird because I felt I was getting help from Zip. Like he was running in front of me, giving me his speed. I must be crazy, because I heard a familae voice whisper in my ear.

"I'm lending you me speed, one last time," Zip, the familiar voice explained, "I know you're hurt, I'm sorry you have to experience the pain. I wish I could take away the pain," And it was funny because I thought I saw him.

His smile, his jean jacket, and his blonde hair being messed up by the wind. "Zip..?" I asked before he dissapeared. I knew Taylor was back, but what about my brother?

I stopped running. I had made it to Hal Jordan's house.

I knocked on the door, rubbing my leg. "Yes?" Hal answered the door. "My time is over, Hal." I said, putting my lantern ring I'm his hand.

"Why so short?" "I.. Don't need it anymore," I said, wincing. "You just winced, are you alright?" "No.. Broke my leg while fighting Cap. Cold, he had two lantern rings,"

Hal sighed. "We're trying our best to get him and his gang, Maroon. HIs gang is still out there," "What? I thought Passion got him,"

"Yeah, about that.. She did a good job, really, she did. But with two lantern rings, she couldn't do it by herself," "I guess so.." "Which is why Hypnos was reassigned to Passion's sector," Carter is alive too? That means...

"Cart's alive?" "Carter, yes. He came back with Aquamarine," "Yeah, that's good.." "You know Maroon, I've heard your very concerned about Aquamarine, danger or not,"

"Yeah, she's my best friend, and my girlfriend.. We've know each other since Mystic.." "Oh, that's nice." "Yeah, well I should go now.." And with that, I sped off again.