4. Another Hale

Cara, Stiles and Scott were sitting in the pale boys jeep. The boys were talking about the plan but the girl had stayed quiet.

"Cara?" Stiles asks, making the girl look up from her phone.

"Yeah?" She says looking at the boy from the side view mirror.

"Your dad was a deputy?" He asked quietly.

Scott looked at his friend with wide eyes.

Cara furrowed her eyebrows but answered anyway. "Yeah. He was."

Stiles looked at his best friend who was sat in the passenger seat.

"Um. How did he pass away?" He asked hoping he didn't sound too nosy.

"He passed in the Hale Fire with my mom."

Cara and Aaron had been walking from school when they heard there two friends call.

Derek and Laura Hale were running to them, panting as they spoke.

"Your parents are with ours. They had to talk about some things." Laura said.
They were walking in the woods when they heard screams.

The children of the Hales and Williams were running towards the sound of the screams.

There cries of pain is what broke Cara. She was too young to do anything.

She stood in front of the house that burned bright. You could hear the wood cracking and breaking.

The older kids had immeadietly run to the back of the house to find a way to help.

But the younger one stood still horrified.

When she processes what was happening, she ran towards the house ready to go in despite her incapabilities.

"Cara, No!" Derek's voice called out. He grabbed the girl and pulled her into his arms.

"Derek! We have to do something." She yelled through her tears.

The pleas and screams of the supernatural families had stopped but the house was still burning.

"Don't look, Cara. Don't look." Derek says as they turned their heads towards the trees.

"Cara!" Her brothers voice came through.

"We need to get out of here." Aaron mouthed but she couldn't hear anything. There was a constant screech in her ears. A ringing sound.

Her brother pulled her into a hug but they didn't cry and were immeadietly rushed away.

"I didn't get to speak to them before they died." Cara spoke.

Stiles could feel she felt telling the story.

Scott watched in admiration as she didn't shed a single tear.

Scott climbed to the back and pulled the girl into a hug who happily hugged back.

"You guys are making me soft." She sniffed.

They laughed as Stiles parked the car.

The three frienda got out of the car in the same clothes they had previously been wearing.

Cara sports the familiar brunette get out of her car.

"I'll be right back." Cara muttered to Scott before walking towards Allison and Lydia.

Cara felt terrible about what Derek had said earlier.

"Yeah but according to someone I need to find something real." She heard Allison mutter to her friend.