24- Safe Haven

Once again, Cara was at the Stilinski household, she had been sleeping on Stiles' bed but was woken up by a noise coming from Stiles' incoherent sighs

Cara sighed to herself before stretching a little.

 "Stiles," She groans. "What the hell are you doing?" 

The girl turns her head to see Stiles putting strings on a board he has been constructing. Cara sat up, rubbing her eyes. 

Stiles jumps slightly at the sound of her voice. "Jesus- It's just my, uh, murder board?" 

Nonetheless he grinned and walked up to her giving her a sweet kiss on the lips. Cara immediately grins into it, kissing the boy making her forget about all her worries. His touch made her feel some kind of way, like a rush of happiness she had never felt. And though she never really thought about it, she really liked Stiles. He made her feel safe when people were trying to kill her. He made her feel loved when no one was left to remind her. He was there when she broke down. 

Stiles made her happy.

"What do the different colored string mean?" Cara asks finally. 

"Oh, just different stages in the investigation." Stiles shrugged but continued. "So green is solved, yellow is to be determined, blues just pretty."

"What does red mean?" Cara questions, noticing the lack of the other colors. 

"Unsolved." Stiles answered, walking up to his board. 

"You only have red on the board." The girl reminded. 

Stiles looked at her, an unreadable look on his face, sarcasm dripping from his voice has he spoke. "I obviously didn't see that." He glared at her. "I'm aware, Thank you." 

"Look Stiles, i'm really sorry about our argument," Cara shakes his head, sitting up straighter. "I was just really stressed and took it out on you and I over-exaggerated." 

Stiles turned around and looks at her with disbelief, making his way back to her. "Hey, Cara, You had every right to, I was being a bitch." 

"I just really hate fighting with you." Cara shakes her head, biting her lip to control her emotions. 

"I do too." Stiles sighed.

"It's my fault, you were stressed because of me and maybe if I told you earlier then you would be less stressed out. And I was so certain that Barrow was there. And he wasn't." Cara tells the boy, a frown set on her face. 

"Cara, none of this is your fault. Our fight, isn't either. The both of us were just really stressed and we took it out on each other. But I promise you that none of this is really your fault." Stiles tried his best to assure the girl with his words but the doubtful look on her face said so other wise.

"Stiles," Cara sighed. "You, you're my safe place and if anything happened to you my life would fall right in front of me. I don't have many people in my life anymore but you and the pack. Scott, Lydia, Allison and Isaac, even Derek but you, you're my safe haven and I feel complete when you're with me and I don't know what I'd do if you weren't with me." A small tear escapes her eye, the intensity in her words show on her face as she tries her best to keep herself together. Just the thought of loosing the one thing that mattered to her was breaking her heart.