8. Remembering

It all happened in slow motion. It was like someone controlled what was was happening and it was this dull screech that could be heard.

"No! Derek!" Cara screamed as the Alpha fell to the floor with a loud thud. Ennis was lying near him completely frozen and you could see Derek's lifeless body with blood everywhere.

Even an Alpha wouldn't be able to survive such a fall. Cara's screams could be heard from miles away but Scott and Isaac had a strong grip on the girl to prevent her from diving to save the man.

She cried and plead with the boys to let her go and to let her save him but they all knew that it was too late. 

It was too late to rise from such a fall.

"Cara!" Allison shouted making the girl gasp.

Her eyes were glossy. Allison looked at the girl with a sad smile. Scott was already out with Stiles and Lydia helping him into the bus.

"Are you okay?" Allison asked.

Cara let out a breathy laugh. "I'm being asked that very frequently today."

Allison sighed. "You scared me." She admitted.

"I'm sorry." She said with a small smile.

She looked down at her stomach. "This, my friend, is very badass." 

Allison chuckled. "Can you try getting up?" Cara nodded and get up wincing at the shooting pain.

Cara and Scott were planning what to do. They both knew that what Derek and the rest of the pack were planning to do was wrong. It wasn't going to work and nobody was believing them.

"We have to do something." Cara said. "We both know their plan won't work out." 

Scott nodded putting his elbows on the table. The two had decided to do something about it. Alone. Not telling Derek about anything.

"What if we just talk to him?" Scott suggested.

Cara shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest. "In my eyes Deucalion has always been a monster. I've never tried to have a 'gentle conversation' with him. I dont think my pack had either. Maybe we could try."

"Lets go. We'll just talk to him. No werewolf and Nobody else." Scott said putting on his jacket. Cara nods and grabs her own jacket and outs it on. Scot tosses her an extra helmet and she nods at him. 

When they turn around they gasp. Isaac leans on the doorway with a small smirk on his face. Car a starts to curse.

"Woah." Scott mutters. Cara picks up the helmet she dropped and gets up trying to act cool about the terrible drop.

"Where are you two going?" Isaac asks. Cara and Scott look at each other and Cara gulps.

"We're just gonna get some food to eat. You know because we're hungry ." Cara says, awkwardly scratching the back of her neck.

"Like a date?" He asked. Their eyes widened and immediately started shaking their head.

"No. Not a date. As friends. Why? Friends can eat food?" Scott says nervously.

"Oh cool, I'll come with you." Isaac replies.

Cara glares at him. "Nah, dude its okay. We can eat alone." Scott says with a smile.

"What are you getting?" The boy asks suspiciously.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" The girl snaps.