27- A Reunion And Assurances

First of all, wow. We have reached 2K! Just a few chapters ago I was thanking you guys for 1K but 2K now? Honestly this couldn't have been done without you. I hope you like to read this book as much as I love writing it. I know I don't update often but that doesn't make me love this book any less. I'm so thankful to you for even looking at the cover of my book, let alone read it. So once again, thank you all so much.

****

****

Mostly, everyone was ecstatic that the former alpha had returned to Beacon Hills. Cara had missed the man, his presence was quite needed most of the time and the fact that he arrived right on time made the situation much better.

Derek and Cara needed to catch up since Derek was worried about her. He was worried about her sacrifice and though she barely ever talked about her past issues with it, Derek could tell something was still wrong.   

Cara was, undoubtedly, happy with her life for once. She had an amazing boyfriend and an amazing group of friends who had each other backs, something that seems normal to them. With a lot of practice over the years Cara had managed to learn how to ignore her problems till it becomes a deadly isssue, which is the matter most of the time. 

Turning his head to take a better look at the girl who had just woken up, Derek stood up, slamming his book shut making Cara jump in alert. 

"What was that?" Cara looked around, her eyes wide fro, the sudden bang that had erupted in the room. Her eyes finally set on Derek who had his arms crossed over his chest.

"Oh, it was you." Cara frowns, going to lie down but stops when Derek takes a seat in the same place. She rolls her eyes. "Okay then." 

"I needed to talk to you." Derek's states, his usual scowl being replaced with a blank expression. 

"What about?" Cara asks, raising her eyebrows. 

"You." The answer took Cara by surprise as she had assumed the wolf would talk about his sister. 

"Okay? What about me?" 

"How are you?" Derek asks, raising his own eyebrows for emphasis on his question. 

"I'm okay." Cara answered, confusion on her face, though her statement came out more as a question. 

"No you're not." Derek disagreed, shaking his head at the girl. 

"I guess it's just the after shock or something." The were-trix shrugged lightly.

Derek sighs knowing it was going to be hard to get Cara to talk. "What happened after I left?" 

"Derek why are you so interested all of a sudden?" Cara said a scowl on her face. She was starting to get annoyed at the vague questions. "Just get straight to the point."