5. Long Nights

After the whole bleeding everywhere at the vault the werewolves were out looking for Boyd and Cora.

Cara still didn't understand how Cora was alive but she didn't really have time to say or even process anything.

She was alone in the woods looking for one of the two wolves.

It was going to be a long night.

A scream was heard causing Cara t stop in her tracks. It was a child's scream which just made her heart break more. She ran towards the sound of the feet thumping and fast heart beats.

Spotting two kids running towards a small hut. She sees Boyd's hungry gaze on the children. He doesn't seem to notice Cara as he was too focused on the children. Boyd had ripped clothes on which was understandable due to being locked in a vault for 3 months.

Cara waited for the right moment to attack the werewolf, when the fireflies distracted him long enough she sped towards the scene. 

"Run!" She yelled at the children. When the fireflies went away. Boyd growled looking for his prey but instead spotted a female werewolf who's eyes were flashing green. This odd color scares the werewolf but he quickly recovers and growls once more at his new target.

Cara knew she wouldn't be able to fight him and come out alive, so after throwing a few punches and kicks and receiving many claw marks added to her body, she limps  towards the sound of the two beating hearts. 

Boyd had disappeared and now her main focus was to keep the two children safe. They had already experienced some traumatic things today and she didn't need to add on the list.

The heart beats were beating at an extremely fast pace.

When the two kids heard twigs crunch underneath her foot they turned to look at her with a horrified expression which turned into relief. 

They ran to the girl and Cara keeled down  to their level.

"Hey its okay. You're okay." Cara cooed giving them a hug. 

"Im going to take you home okay? So I need you to tell me where you live." She told the kids who nodded their head slowly, not uttering a word.

Her phone started to vibrate in her pocket and she let out a sigh of relief when she saw Scott's name pop up.

She winced when she got up from her position, still holding the kids close to her.

"Hey." She said trying to regulate her breathing.

"You're hurt." Scott stated. 

"Yeah, but get to the point whats up." She said rolling her eyes, even though he couldn't see.

"Boys." She whispered to the girl who giggles a little.

"Listen, We obviously already know that its too dangerous to  be alone." He said.

"No shit." She muttered holding her wound.

He sighs. "Can you please just listen?" 

"Fine." 

"Derek told me to meet him at the preserves but to get you first, and he will kill me since you're already  hurt."

"Ill send you the location ok? Can you pick me up." She said then looked down. "Actually can you pick us up?" 

***********

Scott, Derek and after a lot of arguing with Derek, Cara were running in the woods completely aimlessly but Cara didn't complain.

Scott jumps through the tree's making Cara mutter. "That was completely unnecessary." 

"Is it them?" Scott asks.