39- The Divine and Final Move

There was no time to mourn or to grieve over the death of Allison Argent, unfortunately, they were far from done with the nogitsune who continued to reek havoc in the town of Beacon Hills

There was now a hole in the hearts of the teenagers, their sadness reaching to their eyes and the numbness spreading quick. The pack hadn't had a loss like this, not yet, though Cara Williams was quite aware of the feeling of distress and pain of loss, she had experienced it too many times, she continued her silence not ready to fully accept the consequences. 

So as Lydia, Scott and Cara stood in the office of Deaton, they stared ahead numbly their brains not working properly or functioning but they carried on, however distraught they were. 

"Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped." Scott was the first to break the silence, his voice hanging in the air. 

"The problem is this isn't even a person you're fighting, it just looks like one." Deaton concluded, looking at the three teens. "It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human." 

Lydia and Cara were yet to speak however they stood close to each other, the others warmth somehow warming the cold feeling in their hearts. Lydia's head rested on Cara's shoulder, her arms crossed over her chest. 

"Yeah, the shape of my boyfriend." Cara voiced her thoughts, her tone slightly sharp but no one acknowledged it, only noticing the fact that she had finally said something.

 "Someone caught it once, we can do it again, right?" Lydia finally said, hoping Deaton had a positive answer.

"I don't know," Deaton started, shaking his head as Cara sighed, looking at Scott before looking back down. "This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut off. It doesn't have the same power." 

"Is there anything that does?" Scott questioned. 

"Possibly," Deaton nodded, slightly guilty as he gulped, "When the tree was whole, it's wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare." 

"Wait a second, powerful objects?" Lydia asked, her tone suggesting she had an idea of what the vet was speaking of. "Like an Alpha's claws." 

Confused, Deaton answered, "Which Alpha?" 

Cara snapped her fingers, their eyes drifting to her. "Talia, Talia Hale.Peter had them in a wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid. What if it was made from the Nemeton?" 

Deaton, guiltily looked at them, gulping before he answered. "It was." 

"How do you know?" Scott asked, squinting his eyes in disbelief. 

The silence that was left for a split second meant something bad, they could tell. "Because I made it." 

They all stood in the silence, the feeling of guilt filling the air, suddenly, Lydia stumbled back, Cara grabbing a hole of her arm quick.