36- Hope

It was already stressful for Cara to be around a void Stiles

It was already stressful for Cara to be around a void Stiles. She was biting her finger nails, playing with the ends of her sleeves and sweater every time she glanced at Stiles. So having Peter around did not particularly make her the happiest person out there. 

As Peter walked through the door, Cara huffed out. She had been convincing Scott and Lydia to wait a few more minutes for Derek, and have him around but they simply ignored her. 

"It's always a pleasure to see you too, Cara." Peter told her grinning sarcastically. 

Cara rolls her eyes at him, choosing to ignore his comment before turning to look at Scott. "I still think we should call Derek."

Scott opened his mouth to reply but quickly turned to look at Peter, who was inspecting Stiles closely, the nogitsune smiling mischievously. 

"He doesn't look like he would survive a slap across the face, much less the bite of a werewolf." Peter mumbled as Cara, once again, bit on her thumb, Lydia approaching her and bringing her finger down and shaking her head at her. 

"You don't think it would work?" Scott quipped nervously. 

"This is more war of the mind then than the body, there are more better ways of winning this battle," Peter apprised, backing into the middle of Scott and Cara.

Slightly offended, Deaton walked forward, taking a place next to Cara. "What kind of methods."

Peter, grabbed a hold of Scott claws, clutching Cara's arm, bringing them forward. "We're going into his head."

Cara shares a look with Scott who nods at her, making his way behind the boy, Cara taking a seat next to him, looking at him suspiciously. Lydia met Cara's eyes briefly before they wandered over to Scott. The said boy hovers his claws over Cara and Stiles' neck. 

"So what do we do if we find him?" Scott questions, looking at Peter, expectantly.

Shrugging his shoulder somehow, the man answers. "You're going to have to guide him out somehow. Try to give him back his control of his mind, his body." 

"Could you elaborate on the 'somehow'?" Lydia questions, pursing her lips and crossing her arms over her chest. "It's not feeling very specific at the moment." 

Peter gulped, chuckling nervously. "Improvise." 

Cara rolled her eyes, sitting up straighter, quirking her eyebrows.  "What if it's just a trick?" 

Peter leaned back slightly, a groans leaving his mouth as a sigh. "When will you people start trusting me?" 

Cara shrugged opening her mouth to answer but getting interrupted by Scott. "I meant him." 

Cara shakes her head, raising her arm. "I didn't?"

It was now Peter's turn to roll his eyes. "I don't expect you to, sweetie.