10. Too Much Loss

I'm so heartbroken about what happened in Manchester. I cant imagine the pain the families of the victims are feeling. I pray that those who were injured, have a speedy recovery. All of the ones were involved my heart goes out to you, Im sending all my love.  

*****

When Cara got back from the trip she walked into the loft with anger. She was extremely mad at the man she was crying over just a few hours ago. Just as she had entered the complex Derek lived in she saw Ms.Blake leaving the place and every thing was messy from there. Cara was fuming with rage. Never had she been so mad at Derek Hale.

Just as she entered the room with Isaac trailing behind her, Derek stood up. Isaac walked behind her slowly, making sure he gave her enough space as she was about to blow up at any moment.

Cora was nowhere to be seen and Cara couldn't be bothered to look for her.

Derek knew that whatever she was going to say will be blunt and harsh but he knew he deserved it.

"You." Cara said stopping in front of the man. She glared at him. "You are one selfish little piece of shit."

Derek winced when she gave him the sharpest glare she could. Isaac put his hand on the girls shoulder but she brushed it off.

"How? How could you? When I was frickin sobbing for you, you were alive and doing shit with my English Teacher. Do you have any idea what happened to all of us at that Motel? We suffered. We grieved for you when you were to selfish to even give us a damn call to say you were alive." Cara yelled at him.

"Cara-" Derek starts but was interrupted.

"No. No! You are not allowed to talk. Not when you were a selfish dick. One Call Derek, One call!" She shouted. "One call it would take to tell me you were alive. I thought I was alone. I thought I had nobody but you were here." Cara continued to scream but suddenly her voice was barely heard."You have no idea what I went through in those two days."

Derek was about to say something but Cara went on again.

"Do you have any idea? Any Idea what I was gonna do to myself at that motel? Any Idea." She said, tears fell freely from her eyes as she pounded on Derek's chest. Derek closed his and grabbed Cara's wrists but she continued to hit him.

Isaac sighed from the other side of the room. What all of them had gone through that night was terrifying and it left all of them broken in a different way. Cara, just like Isaac, had lost everyone in her life, Her parents and her brother.

She lost them all in a painful way. But they all had Derek, and when they thought he was dead, they thought they lost everything. But to her, she had.

Cara stopped punching Derek but broke down completely and that's when Derek felt the most guilty. Although he held her while she cried, his heart ached for the girl and he knew what he did was undeniably stupid.

"I'm sorry..." Derek whispered.

Cara shook her head. "No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for thinking that maybe once in my life somebody would care enough."

*****

Cara walked into the animal clinic making the bell ring. It was time to find out what her powers can do and she needed to know as soon as possible.

Deaton walked out taking his gloves off. "Ah, Ms.Williams. How can I help you?" He asks with a small smile.

"Um." Cara scratched her neck awkwardly, she didn't even know how to start. "I wanted to go to someone with a lot of knowledge about supernaturals and you were the first person I thought of."