Work

This is a sequel to the novel THE VIRGIN.

But it is a stand alone and one can read it even without reading the prequel.
Here I would say that it would be better if you read two chapters named Derek's POV from the end of previous novel.

Thank you.

Becky's image in the media

Becky's POV.

Knock Knock!

"May I come in, Mr Smith?" I asked knocking softly on the door.

Micheal was drowning in his files.

"How many times do I have to say that Mrs Smith doesn't needs permission to come in." he said without lifting his head.

I smiled. I loved the way he always answered my knocks.

So, I did it just for fun.

"Rick gave me these files, you have an appointment with Mr Sanders at 3 in the noon." I said.

I was his secretary. Basically Rick did all the work and I just conveyed it, but since there is a trend of having female secretaries and I didn't want a female around my male, so I played the role for most of the day.

"Okay." he said, still reading the red file.

These days he was getting more and more busy with work.

But at home, he was a family man. No work.

Unless there was an emergency.

"It is 12:45 and I am going to pick Mini. Is there anything you want?" I asked picking my purse from the table in front of his. We shared the same room.

It was big enough for both of us and his thousands of files on the shelves.

"No, just tell her that daddy loves her and will be home soon." he said.

"Bye" I planted a kiss on his right cheek and left.

The car took me straight to her Kinder Garden school. She was now 4 years old.3

I stood in the shade and waited for her to come out.

Here in NY, I didn't have any close friends, except for one or two.

I was friends with many of Mike's colleagues' wives, but that friendship was only up to tea parties.

And above all that, I didn't have much time.

Soon Mini came running out.
"Hello sweet heart." I smiled and went to her.

"Hi mommy" she had a red face. Which indicated her mood.

"What happened honey?" I asked.

"That Sarah pulled my hair." she said placing her hand on her head.

"Oh what?" I was an over protective mom and didn't tolerate that my children had to face any kind of trouble because of others.

"Yeah!" she said looking at the ground.

"Did you tell your teacher?" I asked her.

"I am not a complain box mommy" she said.

"Okay, let's go and talk to your teacher." I said and started walking but she didn't move.

"No mommy. Children will make fun of me if teacher scolds her because you complained." she said.

"Fine then what should we do?" I went to her and sat on my knees, getting to her height.

She didn't reply.

"So here is the deal. Next time she does anything, you also do the same with her. And if your teacher says anything, tell her that she should talk to me" I said.

That was enough, the teacher should have done something.

That girl has been pestering my daughter for a month.

I had to teach Mini to be strong and fight for herself.

Then she smiled and said "Kick" lifting her leg in the air.

"Yes, kick her ass." I smiled as we walked out of the school gate.5

In 20 minutes, we were back at our residence.

A five storied Palace.

With playing area in the basement, three floors of housing, swimming on the third floor, shooting arena on the fourth and fifth floor was filled with unwanted items.

We walked indoors and I called "Anna"

She was the baby sitter. She helped me with the kids. And was a nice lady.

She emerged with Ben in her arms, my 'about to turn 2 years old' son.

"Did you feed him the mashed banana?" I asked.

"Yes, and he also slept after that." she said.

"Good. How are you, little one?" I smiled and played with his hand.

He curled his hand around my finger and only I knew how it felt.
The time you feel that you were the person on which this life depends.
The time you know that this person was your responsibility and the most crucial part of your life.

He too smiled and said "Maa" lifting his hands in air.

"I have to go back to office at 2:30, tell Stella(my maid) to get my lunch ready and send Mini for a bath." I told her and then hurried to my room.

Too much work and I was all sweating.

I went to take a shower, wore my plain white shirt and black pencil skirt.

Usually I didn't dress like secretaries and wore light but designer one pieces, but for meetings, I had to be a typical secretary with such clothes and heels.

God the heels kill me.

When I came out, it was already 2 o clock. I didn't see kids and also didn't have time to check out what was Mini doing. But I trusted Anna.

I went to the dining hall and called "Stella, why isn't my lunch ready yet?"

She was so slow and I didn't like her at all. She was the reason why I had to keep running for most of the hours of the day.

"Sorry ma'am" she emerged from the kitchen with a plate filled with salad.

"I am getting late" I said hurriedly as she placed the plate in front of me.

I finished my lunch till 2:15 and then was ready to leave. That I heard a cry.

It was Ben. I rushed upstairs.

Anna was holding him in her arms and he was crying loudly.

"Oh... come here" I said and took him in my arms.

"Momma's here" I said and made him stop crying.

I had to be with him for at least 10 minutes and by the time I reached the car, it was already 2:30 and I was late, as usual.