In the dark of the night

Becky's POV

It was 10 o clock and I put both the kids and then laid asleep myself.

It had only been an hour and half that I woke up. Breathing heavily.

I had a very crazy dream.
In my dream, Derek came in sneaking through the window and captured me.
Why is this even happening?
I was done with Derek....I was finished with him and now, after years why is he stalking me?
He was a handsome guy, he could have found anyone better...but why was he still after me?

It all sounded lame but I fell a bit unprotected.
It was such a big house with no man to guard it from the inside.

Ghosts never scared me as much as the thought of being near Derek.

I got up and helped myself with a glass of water.
I had to shut everything. All the doors and the windows.

In my dream, I was at my old house in LA.

I went to the balcony and closed the double door.
Then I also closed the room door and then sat on the bed, turned into a ball with my arms wrapped around my legs.

Anna was sleeping with kids, so I needn't worry about them.

I asked her to stay as Mike was away.

I wondered why wouldn't life be easier for me.
I mean why, after these many years the guy from my past comes back and asks me out.
And he isn't just an ordinary guy. The guy who almost hampered my entire life.

He is surely isn't in true love with me.
And I can make out why he is here.
Years ago, I threw him out and now, he is back for his revenge.
That is the stupidest thing anyone could ever do.

If I was at his place. Instead of living in past, I would have moved on.

Now that Mike wasn't around, I felt even more vulnerable. I felt as if he would try to contact me again.

I tried to relax myself but the thoughts won't go away. And there was only one way to forget everything.

A video chat with Mike without him knowing about Derek stalking me these days.

I called him. It would be 5:30 in the evening in Belgium. So, it wasn't a bad time to disturb him.

"Honey are you free right now?" I asked as soon as he picked up.

"Yeah I mean Cassie and I were going for some sight seeing but I am always there for you. What happened?"

He was going for sight seeing, with Cassie!!

Like couldn't he do it alone.
But that didn't even bother me at the moment.

"Could you please come for a video chat?" I asked.

"Sure, hang on. Let me get my laptop." He said and then after a few seconds, we were seeing each other.

I turned on the side lamp.

"Okay. What happened? It is night time why aren't you asleep yet?" He bombarded me with questions.

"Sweetie I miss you."

"Becky. This is getting out of hands. You have never acted is such a way. I have been on tours and never have you ever called me twice in a day. So, what is happening now. You have to control your obsession." he said.

"Honey I have had a nightmare. And I don't feel safe here." I said.

"What happened?" he asked.

Quite obvious that I cannot talk about Derek.

"I saw a burglar crawling into my room and capturing me. It is just so uncomfortable to sleep alone in this big room. I always feel like a pair of eyes staring me." I said.

"Calm down sweet heart. It was just a dream. And I tell you what to do. Go and sleep with Mini and also Anna is there with Ben. I will let four guards inside the house. No one will harm you, just relax and go to bed." he said.

"Okay. Right I should better not sleep alone." I said.

"Alright. I'd better get going" he said.

"Bye honey, I'll call tomorrow." I said.

"Good Night and dream about me. You will forget everything else" he said.

"Haha... I am going now" I said and closed the laptop.

I went to Mini's room and slept there for the rest of the night.

Derek's POV

Cassie informed me that she and Micheal was in Brussels.

And here I am. Sitting in my cabin in LA.
Away from my lady love.

I will be going back to NYC but only after they are back from their Europe tour.

"Sir sign these, please" said my new secretary.

All I have been doing is signing.

"And one more thing sir. Luke wanted to talk to you." she said.

"Well tell him that I can't talk right know. If he needs anything or something urgent then ask him to ask my mom. I will meet him only at 7." I said.

"Okay sir" she said and left the cabin with the files.

I got back to the PC leaving aside all the thoughts and focused on work, once again.