Fired

Micheal's POV.

Where was Becky?

It was 2:45 and she was supposed to be here by 2:30. In no time the meeting will start and I still don't have the file which she was going to bring.

Soon she blasted in. Breathing heavily.

"Here" she said and handed me the file.

"Thank you. Have water." I said, taking the file from her and giving her the glass of water placed on my table.

I was angry and if she was any regular secretary, she might even get fired, but she was my wife. I loved her.

I wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

There was no use of asking her as to why was she late. I knew it was because of the kids.

I knew that she loved them and so I have made a decision to ask her to stop coming to work and spend more time with the kids.

God I don't know how was she going to react?

But for the time being, I was busy and didn't want to think about it.
I went through the file and sharp at 3, we went to the conference room.

Mr Sanders was already there.
Infotech (Micheal's company) was having some serious issues because of his company so we were just going to sort things out.
What a waste of time.
Our meeting went for 1 and a half hour and then we returned to our cabin.

Time to speak out.

"Becky, there is something I wanted to say." I spoke hesitantly.

She noticed it and asked "What is it?"
Why is she always able to make out what am I thinking or how am I feeling?

"I was saying that you should stop coming to work and focus on kids for the time being." I gathered courage.

She stood frozen. Her eyes turned glassy "You are kicking me out of work? You are forcing me to be a house wife? I can't believe..." he voice trailed off as a tear rolled down her cheek.

She was too possessive about work. Though she helped me to build this empire. Supported me at every single step.

Without her I wouldn't have been what I am today. But we had a family and kids, especially Ben needed her.

I went to her, took her cold hand and said "No Becky. I am just saying that kids need you. So you should spend more time with them."

She pulled it away and said "May be you want a sexy secretary for yourself."

I wiped her tear and said "You know me Becky, I never think of any woman other than you"

She looked up and me and smiled.

"One condition" she said.

"Name it" I said.

"I will appoint your next secretary." she said.

"Done. And not coming to work doesn't mean you will not be the owner of this company. If I am the boss here, then you are my boss." I smiled which made her giggle.

I wrapped my hand around her waist and pulled her closer.

Then pressing my lips against her, we shared a passionate moment.

Only then we heard a knock. It was Rick.1

He always interrupted 50% of my passionate moments with Becky at work.
But no one of us could help it. The guy had a job.

We moved away as I allowed him to enter.

He gave me some of the files and I said bye to Becky. Promising to be home by 7.

Becky's POV

I knew Mike was right. I was spending very less time with kids.

I think I over reacted back at the office. But not being with him for half of the day was a punishment for me.

Only I know how I live in his absence. Waking up alone when he is off to business meets, not seeing his blue eyes makes me kind of crazy.

I loved him more than anything else in the world.

Oh no, but I also love my children as equal. If he thinks that I should stop working to keep my family happy, I'll do it.

The car reached the house and I walked in.

I called Anna and asked her what were the kids doing?

She said that both of them were asleep.

Then I went to my room, changed my clothes and fetched some rest.

It was only at 6, that I woke up.

After making Mini do her homework and playing with Ben for an hour, I went to kitchen.

Stella was gone, thank god.

She had already cooked the supper, I took it out of refrigerator and kept it on the platform. I went to the centre hall and waited for Mike.

He came sharp at 7:10.

"Hey honey" he said smiling.

"Hello there." I went to him and we kissed.

Only then Mini came running downstairs, we parted.

"Dhaddy...." she shouted all the way and jumped in his arms.

She was kind of daddy's girl.

Anna brought Ben. "Da...da" he was still figuring out to pronounce Daddy.
"Hey, little Becky." said Mike.

He called him 'little Becky', he was also going to name him 'Ben Becky Smith' but I insisted that he should carry his father's name.

Ben went upstairs and I went to the kitchen, leaving kids with Anna.

I served the supper in three plates and prepared the cereal for Ben.

After 10 minutes, we were sitting in the dinning hall. Mini and I were sitting in front of each other, Ben was stuffed in his baby chair and Mike wasn't there yet.

We waited for another 5 minutes, then Mini asked
"Mommy, how did you meet daddy?"