Joining forces

"Your daughter is still missing, Becky." He said.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Yes, Derek. I don't know what to do. I thought that you had her, but I was wrong."

"I am her uncle, Becky and I will find her." He said getting up.

"You had dinner?" he asked.

"No, I am not hungry." I said.

"You will have dinner and then go to sleep" he ordered.

"How can I eat, Derek when I don't know Mini has eaten anything or not? How can I sleep knowing that my young daughter is missing?" I sobbed.

Derek hugged me and said "Take care of yourself. I promise you that I will find her."

I sat on the sofa as the dinner arrived. I ate a few things and then Derek sent me to his room to sleep.

I wondered where Mini was? How was she?

I also thought about Derek. He has changed, adopting a child, being a single parent. He left me speechless.

I thought and thought but then my mind stopped working. My eyes became heavy and I fell in arms of sleep.

Derek's POV

After Becky was asleep, I put on some clothes and got to work.

She was right, if I took her from her family, I would have made the second big mistake of my life.

She forgave me and is still in my life is the biggest gift I could get from her. She will be Luke's aunt. I will find another love and get married.

Right now I have to focus. Mini was niece and I will find her.

Though I was a clean guy with a white collar job, I have done some favours to big mafias and gangsters.

Now was the time for payback.

I called Alexander. He was a world class mafia. Drug smuggling, moving illegal goods, he did it all.

I once help him get some stuff into the states and also saved him from getting into trouble.

"Hey Alex" I said as he answered.

"Hi Derek, long time."

"Ya, ya, I needed a favour" I said getting straight to the point.

"Anything you say man. I am here for you" he said.

"Listen, I will send you a picture of a girl"

He cut me off "You want me to pick her up for you? Consider it done. She will be yours in a day."

"No Alex, listen first. She is my niece. Someone kidnapped her, I want you to find out where she is or at least who took her?" I said.

"Oh, ok okay. Give me until morning. I will give you the name of that bastard." He said.

"Thank you man."

"Hey, my pleasure" he said and we hung up.

I ate some food and then dozed off to sleep.