Cassie

Becky's POV

The next day I went to the office early.

I had to wind up this business that day, anyhow.
As Mike would be travelling for a week after that and will need for a secretary.

It was 10 in the morning when I started the interview.

I kept it short and made quick decisions and sadly none of them matched with the girl that I was looking for.

Then around noon came this girl, Cassie Walter.

She was fair, wore stylish black spectacles and had a cold look on her face.
She was wearing blue shirt and black trousers. Her blonde hair tied in a tight bun.

In addition, she had black mascara and red lips.

She stood there and I signalled her to sit.

"Name?" I asked as she took the seat in front of me.

"Cassie Walter" she said confidently.

"Afternoon Cassie" I smiled and said.

"Oh Afternoon. You are Becky Walden, right? I am a big fan of yours." she said.

She knew me?

How?

No one outside this building knew me. Except some of Mike's colleagues.
I made public appearances only as his secretary and never as his wife then how does this girl know me?

"Becky Smith" I corrected her

"But there is nothing to be a fan of mine"

"Yes, it is. Only a few people know that you were equally active in setting this business which is kind of sad. I always dream to have a business of mine. Till then I wish to work under successful businessmen and learn things. I would be pleased if you also taught me a thing or two." she said.

I was impressed by the answer.

Though by seeing her I couldn't make out that she had a good personality.

"Haha... I never want credit for anything. I am happy on seeing Mike become successful, that is all I wish for." I smiled and said.

She had quite a mysterious face.

"That is what every wife would wish for. To have a successful as well as loving husband." she said.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"27" she said and gave me her bio data.

I didn't wish to read it entirely as a part of my mind was already telling me to hire her but I had to check out the experience.

"You have worked at THE VISION" I exclaimed as I went through the page.
The owner of the company was Sam William.

We were family friends.

She nodded.

"And then worked for THE LAMBERT AND CO for more than a year" I read ahead.

I haven't heard of this company but the name seemed posh so might be a big business.

I looked at her.

"Give me one good reason to hire you?" I asked the final question before conforming her job.

"Well...I am a good orator and could represent Mr Smith in front of the media or at any conference which he could not attend. And I am also good at making reports and presentations. I am a fast learner and never go against the rules." she said.

"Rules?" I asked.

"Things that I am not supposed to do, as said by my boss." she said.

"Alright. Well you will never get any kind of restrictions from Micheal" I smiled and said.

"Well it would be a good thing then." she said.

"Okay so Cassie." I closed the file and gave to her "Congratulations. You are hired"

"Aww... thank you so much." she smiled and we shook hands.

"Let me introduce you Micheal. Come with me" I said and got up.

She followed me out of the room and into Mike's cabin.

He was busy as usual.
We went in without knocking.

"Mike" I said while entering.

He saw us and stood up.

"Meet Cassie Walter. Your new secretary." I said.

"Hello Cassie" he said.

"Hello, sir" she said and then they shook hands.

"So Cassie, this is where you would be sitting" I said pointing the desk in front of Mike's.

"Okay. When do I join?" she asked.

"How about tomorrow?" asked Mike.

"Sure" she smiled and said.

I saw the way she looked at Mike and didn't like it at all.

"Common Cassie, there is one more person I would like you to meet" I said and took her out.

We went to Rick and I introduced.
Rick was a shy guy and so he didn't like the idea of me getting replaced by a younger and a sexier blonde girl.

After we were done with the small tour around the office, I said "So see you tomorrow."
I had to come to work for another day and inform her about a few things in the coming days.

"Sure. And thank you" she said and walked out of the building.

Narrator's POV

Soon after Cassie walked out, a black car drove by. She got into it and the driver drove away.

She made a call and said "Your plan worked boss. I am hired"