Truth about Derek

I paid the driver and got out.

As I stood in front of the hotel, I took a deep breath.

I walked in to the receptionist.

"Hi, I am here to see Mr Lambert. Where is he staying?" I asked hurriedly. I just couldn't wait to see my daughter.

"And you are?" she asked.

"Doesn't matter. Just give me his room number." I said.

"I can't it is against the policy." She said.

I slammed 1000 dollars on her desk.

"Give me his room number" I asked in a bold voice.

The lady looked around and slid the money into her purse.

"1018. Top floor suite" she said.

"Thanks" I said and headed to the elevator.

1018. I stood in front of the big door. Ready to fight for my daughter. Even if I have to sacrifice myself to save her, I will.

I rang the bell.

In under a minute, the door opened.

"You came" said a happy Derek.

I didn't look at him. I pushed him aside and started searching the suite. I searched every corner of the suite but still couldn't find Mini.

"Where is she?" I screamed on his face.

"Who?" he asked with a confused face.

"Where is Mini, my daughter?" I asked.

"She is not here, Becky. What are you talking about?" he said closing the door.

"You took her. You kidnapped her." I said.

"Calm down Becky, have a seat." He said sitting on the sofa in front of me.

Only then I noticed that he only had a towel wrapped around his waist.

His upper body was naked and hair were wet. Seemed like he just got out of a shower.

"Tell me what happened?" he asked.

"Mini didn't come home from school today, someone kidnapped her. You kidnapped her. Tell me where she is?"

"Why would I kidnap her Becky?" he asked.

"Because you want to ruin my life, you want to tear my family apart. Where is my daughter?" I was starting to tear up.

Derek got up and disappeared into a room. He then emerged with a phone in his hands.

He showed me a picture of a young boy.

I looked at him.
Who was this little boy?

"This is my son, Luke, he is 6." Derek said in a low voice.

For a moment, I didn't know what to say. He had a son.

"Your son?" I asked.

I knew he wasn't married.

"Yes, I adopted Luke when he was 3. You know why?" he asked.

I shook by head, trying to wipe my tears off.

"I was sorry. I was sorry what I did to you. I was sorry for our child. So, I adopted Luke, treated him like our son. Gave him all the love that I could. But now he needs a mother, give him your love Becky, come to us." he said looking into my eyes.

I could see that he was in pain.

"Derek" I kept my hand on his. "I will give him my love, but as an aunt. What you did was wrong but now what happened is in the past. Our child is gone. I love Micheal now, I have a family. I forgive you. I want you to move on, I want you to get married, have children, I want to see you happy. And I promise that I will always be there. I will be there on your wedding day, I will be there on Luke's birthday. You can always count on me."

He came forwards and hugged me. I ran a hand on his back.

"Thank you, Becky. I was afraid that you would never forgive me." He said.

We parted and I said "You are a good person, Derek. All this time I thought that you were back for a revenge that I left you. But what you did was just amazing. You gave a good life to a young child. He will be so proud of you." I smiled.

He also smiled. "But one thing is not over yet." He said in a serious voice.

"What" I asked in shock.

What was he talking about?