Break

Derek's POV

I was sitting on the couch and watching TV, when my phone buzzed.

"Mr Jackson", the caller ID flashed.

"Hello uncle" I answered the call.
Mr Jackson is my father's younger brother, he owned a small business but when my father died in a car crash, seven years ago, he had to come and prepare me to take over my dad's business.
I was only 25 then and without his support, I wouldn't have been what I am today.

He is the best companion I ever had. He is like a father to me.
Now he is working with me till he restores his old business.

"Hello Derek, where are you?" he asked.

"NYC"

"And what are you doing there?" he asked.

I switched off the TV and said "I was here on some work."

"Why do I feel like you are not working but only eating and sleeping and growing your belly" he said in a hoarse voice.

"No uncle, seriously I have been working..."

But he cut me short "Alright listen now. I want you to be back in LA by tomorrow"

"But I can't" I said. Thought I did finished up all my work but the main thing was still left.

"Why?"

"Because I have something left, yet" I said.

"Listen son. If it is a business you can do it over phone or Skype it, okay. Now I want you here tomorrow. A pile of documents need your signature." he said.

"No, I said I have work and I can't come. It is personal" I said.

"Personal? What is so personal to you and I don't know. Seriously, what is it?" he asked

"I can't tell." I said.

"Alright whatever is your personal thing, I want you here tomorrow. You can go back in a couple of days." he said.

"Thank you. I'll be there soon" I said.

"And remember, I don't know what your thing is but let me tell you, nothing should come above your work. Why am I telling you this, because you have never talked about anything personal yet and now suddenly...well think rational son, no one in this world cares about you more than your family." he said.

"Alright. See you later, bye" I said and hung up.

Duh! What was going on?
I think he figured out that it was a girl matter. The way he spoke...

Becky was my family and I know that she will cares about me when I get her apart from her cheating husband.

Anyways it was a good thing that I am leaving now when Micheal is off on a tour. I'll be back before him and then hit my shot.
I returned back to the TV and soon dozed off to sleep.

Becky's POV

I woke up early as usual and went through the daily routine.
It was only after Mike left with Mini that I let out a sigh of relief and went to my room.

I turned on some peaceful music and made the bed.
Then I went on to finish Mike's packing.

So Mike will be gone this evening for four days.
Though I will feel lonely but I need a break.
I will call Lula and we will hang out together.

Once again, I re called the happenings related to Derek.

When will he stop stalking me?
Why doesn't he moves on?
There were so many questions.
I just hope that he leaves the city and returns to LA.

It's so easy for him to find a good looking and an intelligent girl, then why was he still after me.

And that too he is familiar that I am married and a mother of two.

Anyways the guy is a busy person, one day or the other he will have to go back.

I got ready and went outside.

Later, Anna and I went to the doctor with Ben since it was time for him to get vaccinated.

I passed time, till Mike returned home at 5.
He came early that day because he had to leave for his Europe tour.

We had an early supper and I bid him goodbye.

"Take care, honey. I know that Cassie will help you with everything. And do you remember, no drinking. And call me when you reach there...and"

"Okay Mrs Smith, I will do everything you have ever said to me. Where are the kids?" he asked.

We were standing in the main hall and there was no sign of Anna.

"Anna where are you?" I called.

Soon, she emerged from upstairs.

We went to drop Mike at the airport and then when we returned, Mini was already asleep.
I carried her upstairs.

It was 11 o clock and Anna had left.

I took Ben to my room and put him to sleep, then laid asleep myself.