The Good News

The next day was not at all hectic.
Since Micheal wasn't there, my work reduced into half.

I prepared Mini and dropped her at the school.
Ben was all set with Anna and then sharp at 11, I left for 'THE WILLIAM'S MANSION'.

I drove to the place and Lula greeted me at the entrance.

"Hey Becky, long time no see" she said as I got out of the car and handed the keys to the guard.

"Hello there. How are you?" I said and went up the stairs.
We shared a warm hug and then she took me in.

"Perfectly well. Hey, you look so pale what happened?" she asked.

"Ahh! it is the kids."

"For which we are having some luxurious ladies time together." she said as we sat on the sofa.

"Sure. So how is Sam? How is life going on?" I asked.

"Oh! Well there is a good news. I just got to know it yesterday" Lula smiled and said.

"Really! Then be quick, tell me"

"Sam and I are expecting a baby" she said.

"OMG! Congratulations Lula!" I said and hugged her.

"Welcome to the MOM SQUAD" I said.

"Haha. Right and there is another good news."

"What?"

"My book, " Stole the moon" it became the New York best seller." she said.

"Wow, that book is awesome. Where did you get the idea from?" I asked.

"Well it isn't all fiction after all." she said.

"Don't tell me that it was based on your real life."

"Yes. It is based on my real life. That is how Sam and I dealt with things, our love went through lots of ups and downs."

"Ah everyone has a story behind." I said and looked around the big hall.

"Well what is yours?" she asked.

"Nah! mine is not that interesting." I said.

"Tell me Becky. Wont you?" she asked.

I wondered if I should open up.

Lula won't tell anyone and I also need to share.

"All right, all right" I said.

"Wait! Let's sit near the pool" she said and we sat on the table near the pool. She served me iced tea and I took a deep breath to narrate the story of my life.

"So mine started when I was 18" I said.

"I was a kind of introvert. And had only one best friend named "Melly". She was very cool with relationships but for me relationships were not always happy. Like a normal girl I had a crush on the soccer captain and his name was Derek. He was a college sensation. Melly insisted me to open up and go on a date with him. So some how, we managed to get the spot of the head cheerleader for him to notice me. Meanwhile I was good friends with Mike. We were study mates. So, I went on a date with Derek and it was fun. I fell for him and so did he, but I was wrong."

"Oh What happened?"

"One weekend we went to his farmhouse and there, I lost my virginity to him. After that we had intercourse, several times, but soon I found out that I was pregnant. I asked him what to do and he said that I should abort the child. He didn't even help me in that situation. Then I called on Mike and he supported me. We got an abortion and I finally found true love. We insulted that guy and kicked him out of the college. Then you know what happened." I paused.

"Well it is a good thing that you broke up with that guy. I just cannot imagine you and Mike, not together."

"Yeah! so is said ' whatever happens, happens for the best.' "

"You are definitely right. Well let's go in and have some lunch. I cooked most of it." she said and we got up.

"Oh I just love your food. I hope that I was a good cook as you" I said and followed her indoors.

We sat at the dining and the food was served.
We talked a lot.

"Listen! Whenever Mike returns, you guys have to come over for a dinner and bring the kids as well. It is a time to celebrate." She said.

"Of course it is. You will now know what a difficult task it is to be a mum." I said

"Ah don't just talk about it. We are also throwing a masquerade ball party. It is on 28th and you have to come. We are going to announce about the baby. Even though I know that it will be a special day for you."

"What? Why?" I asked.

"It is your anniversary. Silly."

"Oh I forgot. I will try to come. Mike and I really need some US time. But we are all set for dinner."

"Okay okay. You love birds deserve some time."

Then we had some pleasant beauty treatments and it was 7 o clock when I returned back home.

Micheal's POV

My plane landed and I went straight to the conference.

It was only after hours that I realised that I haven't received a single call from Becky.

I decided to call her myself.
"Hey! Where were you? I have been missing you since ages."

"Haha. Me too. Actually I went to Lula's place. We had some girls time out. Sorry, I forgot to call you."

"Okay then someone is happy that I am out of the house. All right."

"Aww Michael...baby you know that's not true. Anyways there is a very big good news." She said.

"And I know it already."

"No you don't. I mean, I just got to know it today. How could you know?" She thought that I was joking.

"I know that it is about Sam and Lula having a baby" I said.

"H.." she started.
"Sam texted me. Was about to call him next." I cut her short.

"Right. You, busy people and your ways of communication"

"Leave that aside for a second. When am I getting one?" I asked.

"One what?"

"Well...a baby of course." I said

"You already have two. How many more?" She laughed.

"I would like to have as many sovereigns of our love as you can afford."

"Oh please don't even start that topic. I already miss you and now you will make me miss you even more. Please don't." She said.

"All right...all Right. When I will return, I will pay back for all your missing in the way you like."

"Okie dokkie boss. How is your stay. Quite busy?" She asked.

"Very"

Only then a loud noise cracked the phone.

"Ben is crying I got to go" she said.

"Okay sweetie. Talk to you later."

"Love you. Bye" she said and hung up.

I put aside my phone and looked at the watch.
Calculated the time in NYC.
Since it is 2pm here means it would be 8 in the evening at NYC.

Sam might be home already.
I took my phone once again and searched his number.