Get lost!

Micheal's POV

"Evening Mr Lambert" I shook his hand and then let go immediately.

"Please have a seat" I said and grabbed my chair at the edge of the long table.

Derek was sitting on the longer edge of the table, just two meters away from me.

"So, how are you doing Micheal?" he asked.

At once I thought like saying that it was none of his business but then I thought that it would be rude to say so.

"Fine" I said.

"Cool and congratulations, by the way. You are a successful businessman now. Welcome to the squad." he smiled and said.

"Thank you" I said in the most decent way as possible because from the inside, I was boiling hard.

Derek passed me the file which he had been reading earlier.

"Which is why I have an offer for you" he said.

I took the file. I wasn't in a mood to take any offer from him.
Still, I opened it.

"This will be profitable for both of our companies." he said as I turned the page.

I saw once that Rick circled around the corridor.

Then I finished reading the highlighted points in the file.

It was a good offer, and I would have accepted if it wasn't from Derek.

"I'll think on it" I said.

"Well, it is a nice offer and I will be happy if you accept it." he said.

Okay Think Micheal, Think.

The offer was no doubt profitable but if Becky gets to know that I have business ties with Derek, she will go mad.
Good thing she is not at the office. I can easily hide it.

"Alright. I accept the offer." I said in a firm voice.

"Great Micheal. I knew you were intelligent. Would you mind signing here?" he passed a few more pages.

He had already signed them. I put my signature in front of his and then kept the papers addressed to me before handing the rest to him.

Once all the deal was done and everything was packed, Derek asked "So how is family?"

"Fine. Everyone is good" I answered hoping he would get away soon.

"I feel pity for you brother" he said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"You are still stuck up with her aren't you" he said.

"Who?"

"Becky of course" he said.

"She is my WIFE. And I love her" I said in a bold voice.

"When did I say that you don't love her. You do, it is she who doesn't love you." he said.

"And I expect a heavy explanation for you to speak that in front of me." I said.

"You see....it is quite clear. Becky was with me and then she left me for you. Why? Because it is easier to influence you. She can easily get what she wants and then leave." he said.

My hands curled into a fist as I said "How dare you say that?"

"Truth my friend. The ugly truth. I too fell for her and then when she went with you, I know what her true intentions were." he shrugged and said.