[7]

The weather had gotten worse again since yesterday night, and Hoseok pulled his jacket tighter around him as he ran towards the bus station, knowing he was late.

He had been waiting for the guy who forgot his coat, but he didn't show up today, and he sort of did not watch the clock while hoping for him to come to return his coat, and here he was now, standing in the middle of the rain with a piece of clothing under his arm that probably cost more than his entire apartment while having to watch his bus driving past him.

Hoseok hesitated to decide what to do now. He could wait for the next one, which would arrive in half an hour, but the clouds didn't look like they'd tear open and reveal the sun any time soon, and the stop had no roof or something similar. Simply walking home sounded more pleasant, even though it'd take some more time.

So he continued walking just as fast as he did to get here, trying to at least keep the coat dry that was not his. The city was actually quite beautiful now, when the sky was dark already even though it was only afternoon, and all the traffic lights brightened up his way. There were very few people on the streets, most of them either went home by car or, like he did usually, by bus.

He stopped for a second, standing still after almost fifteen minutes of fast, almost-jogging.
Right next to him, the entrance to the park that he adored more than his own home lured his eyes onto it.
The though of being able to spend a few moments in peace and silence after a day of work and stress was extremely tempting right now, but on the other hand he'd maybe get sick, it was still raining cats and dogs, after all.
But, shaking his head slightly, he decided to just fuck it, and entered the green without giving himself time to rethink his choice.

There was even less humans on the paths in here, and he enjoyed the sound of the busy center of the city fading, only forming a slight backround noise as he got nearer to his favourite place.
The earthy smell of the petrichor filled his senses and he smiled a bit, happy that most of the wetness was kept further up outside by the leafage of the big trees.

He turned left, right through the thicket, and soon reached the small clearing in front of the neglected pond.
Instantly freezing, he knit his brows.
Someone sat on his bench.

----------