[12]

Most of the light brightening up the two males' way came from all the neon street signs or the headlights of the vehicles on the streets, the sunset now making place for the darkness of the dawning night.

They spent the first few minutes without talking, a peaceful silence interrupted by the sounds of the busy town filling the atmosphere between them.
Hoseok catched one or two glimpses of Hyungwon whenever there was a chance to do so, he had serious trouble keeping his eyes off the younger.

Actually, it was the other way round as well.

The brunette wished that the time he spent with other people could erase his constant fear of the upcomming test, or rather if he would pass it or at least help him to repress it.

He felt it everywhere, on every single part of his body, but mainly the sensation of a massive weight resting on his chest caused his nerves to be on edge in the worst way possible.
It was like a little voice in the back of his head always reminding him of the exam, no matter how hard Hyungwon concentrated on other things.

Wishing for it to be finally over was no choice as well, he knew exactly that once that was out of the way a new thing would come up to cause another period of daily, horribly irritating nervosity.

,,Why do you always look like someone was threatening to kill off your entire family?"

Hyungwon had not expected such a question, and he already wanted to give a snappy response as he turned his head towards the other male, but then hesitated.

Hoseok wasn't smiling or didn't show any signs of wanting to tease the brunette in general like he had expected. Instead, genuin concern was visible on his expression.

He forced his mouth corners to move upwards in an apologetic way and slightly shook his head.

,,It's nothing, don't worry."

,,Are you sure?"

,,Of course."

They continued walking in silence for a few more minutes, until the older raised his voice again.

,,I don't know you very well, Hyungwon, but... just know you don't have to pretend things around me. I won't hate you, I'm not that kind of person."

That sentence was so close to breaking down the walls keeping everything inside he could literally feel them slowly cracking, so he stared at the floor and concentrated on the movements of his feet while brutally biting his lower lip, nodding quietly as an answer.

The area in which Hoseok lived wasn't exactly a wealthy one, he wasn't himself either, but at least it was clean and the apartments were cheap.
As they came to stand in front of the entrance to his home, Hyungwon turned towards the other again after they said goodbye.

,,We- we should do that more often, Shin Hoseok."

And he had no idea how bright the smile on the blondes' face was after the door closed behind him.

----------