[23]

For a few seconds he just stood there, feeling every single one of the disappointed, confused and also some concerned looks burning into his skin before he slowly turned to the side and then ran as if the devil was after him.

Hoseok had seen it comming.
He was responsible for the lighting and the music of the performance so he had a perfect view over the stage.
As the dancers entered the stage, Hyungwon and the older had eye contact for a moment.

The youngers' eyes basically screamed for help and it had made him feel uneasy immediatly.
He tried to keep an eye on the other as best as he could during the performance while doing his job with the technical stuff, and fear flowed through his veins as the brunett just stood still all the sudden.

The blond wasn't the first one to get up to go after Hyungwon who had ran off the stage. A short, dark-haired male pulling another, taller one after him followed the lanky boy as well,
Hoseok didn't pay any further attention to them though.

The younger barely made it to the backstage, then his legs shook too much to move any further.
It felt as if he was under water, drowning, every sound far far away.
He wasn't really able to do anything but stare into the abyss with his jaw hanging open and his hands covering his ears while something made his chest tighten more and more.

Hyungwon had no idea how much time had passed until someone softly pulled away his wrists from his head.
Minhyuks' blurry face appeared in front of his eyes.

His mouth moved as if he tried to speak to the younger, but he couldn't hear anything.
Well, he could hear him, but he didn't understand a word he said and just looked at him with widely opened eyes, until the white-haired boy held up his hand and stuck up one finger after another.
Minhyuk formed a word with his lips over and over again, and Hyungwon desperately concentrated on them.

Co...
Cou..
Count.

As Hoseok finally found the brunett, he couldn't move a muscle anymore, he had no idea how to deal with a person having a total breakdown.
Because that was definetely what Hyungwon had.
He sat on the ground with an utterly disturbed expression, his upper body twitching while gasping for air and holding his head in his hands.

Somebody else rushed past him.
It was one of the boys that got up from the audience, he knelt down in front of the other boy and removed his arms from his ears.

,,Hey, look at me. Do you hear me, Hyungwon? I need you to look at me, okay?"

It hurt Hoseoks' heart that the guys' actions nearly seemed routined, hinting that this was definetely not the first time Hyungwon had an attack like this.

The method with the counting seemed to help. A few minutes later, the male was able to breathe more or less normally again.
The dead expression on his face stayed though, and he didn't make any efforts to get up or anything.
Hoseok wondered why nobody had found them yet, the whole performance got cut off, after all.

The white-haired boy sighed in worry as he turned around towards him, the other, shorter one standing a few meters away from them.

,,Who are you?"

,,Hoseok. Hyungwon and me are...friends?"

It was fascinating how quick the others' face could change expressions this fast. The worry from a few minutes ago was gone, instead a mischievous smile curved his lips now, revealing a row of bright, slightly sticking forward teeth.

,,Ah, Hoseok! Hyungwon uh... mentioned you a few times. I'm Minhyuk, that's Kihyun. We're friends with him as well."

He still muttered something that sounded like 'handsome' and 'not like a horse', but the blond blamed it at the stress that he imagined such weird things.

,,I don't want to go home..."

The quiet words came from the floor, where the brunett still sat, looking absolutely miserable.
It was not just Hyungwons' face that was dead and empty, his voice sounded like that as well.
Not a single tear stained the youngers' cheeks, he hadn't cried at all.

Hoseok turned towards the other two since they didn't seem to know what to do now.

,,I'll take him with me. Just inform his family or something."

----------

I feel like i'm making hyungwon the whiny main character everyone hates and i dont want that to happen sfklfS