[17]

Hyungwon opened the front door slowly and as quiet as he could, hoping that Hoseok wouldn't see what was probably about to happen.
Maybe he'd be able to sneak straight into his room without having to encounter his parents, even though he knew it was rather stupid to think something like that would work.

And it was indeed.
As soon as he stepped over the doormat he was greeted by a flat hand on his cheek, leaving a painful sting where it landed.
Only reacting by inhaling sharply and putting his fingers on the red mark, he stared at the ground.

,,Where the hell were you?"

,,I was with the people from school, dad-"

,,Don't you dare lie to my face like that you little brat!"

The skin on his cheek inflamed once again. Hyungwon kept his gaze to the ground to avoid eye contact with his father.
It was like he was trying to escape a wild animal that threatened to tear him apart in the air if he made the wrong movements or looked into its eyes.

Seconds of silence passed but they felt like endless hours. The male didn't dare to run away into his room or even take one step at all.
He had no idea what to do now, but then the hissing voice of the man cleared his cluelessness.

,,Answer me. Where were you?"

,,I- I told you I was with people from school..."

At first Hyungwon thought he'd get hit again, but then all that followed his lie was a growling, bitter laugh.

,,Go to your room. I don't want to see you anymore today."

He didn't need to be told twice and quickly jumped up the stairs, closed the mahagoni door behind him and locked it.
Leaning onto it he sighed deeply and closed his eyes while numbness took over his limbs.

With no emotion he changed into sweatpants and a comfortable t-shirt and wrapped the blankets of his bed around his body until he wasn't visible anymore. The brunette curled up into a ball and hoped for sleep to come soon.

----------

Short and spicy mmm just how i like my angsty chapters
also hoseok has blaCK HAIR I'M LIVING