Chapter 41

Within two days, Reaper was on his feet for real and was training hard to fight Hyperion. Issei and Vali had recovered enough energy and power from the battle to also train with him, sparring occasionally as though none of them had faced such a powerful being that they all agreed Dragon-bearers were close enough to Hyperions current power level.

And today was the third day and as Reaper was practicing using his Blood and Soul attacks, he was getting better at not only forming attacks or minions but also weapons. Not a day before he had managed to summon up a blade of pure blood to use against a dummy just as he had also formed a spear with Souls soon after.

He would need both of them, he knew, to beat anyone before him but he also knew his considerable strength and his current armor was going to be needed to be able to win against the forces Hyperion would send against him.

And so, he trained onward in the backyard of where he was staying as he occasionally heard or saw one of the patrols of the Norse, Heavenly, or Greek units that roamed the streets for any form of Hyperions spies.

"Reaper!!"

Reaper gave a jump as he was about to spar with an imaginary foe only using his fists when the voice of Issei made him jump and as Reaper looked over, he couldn't help but smile as he asked Issei, "Well.. come to spar again?"

"Heh..." smiled Issei as he then said, "Not this time. I have some news for you instead."

Reaper cocked his head to the side as he waited for the news Issei had brought.

Issei reached Reaper as he then said, "We found Hyperion! He's going to Mount Fuji and everyone is getting ready for the big battle there!"

"Good... means you can finally get better in fighting against others." said Reaper with a chuckle.

"Oh ha ha... if you're all talk then lets see if you can-"

Reaper launched himself with both his legs and his wings as he sent a hard kick at Issei and as Issei hastily brought up his arms to block the hit, he was completely flung backwards as he hit the nearby dirt and as he looked back up, he was looking at two blades of blood pointing at his neck.

He looked up at Reaper and as he did so, he suddenly brought out Ascalon and as Reaper combined his two small blades into one large sword, he blocked the attack as they both gave a few blows that they easily blocked.

"So... when are you gonna propose to Kuroka or Xenovia or whoever?" asked Issei as he swiped at Reaper.

"Why should I propose?" asked Reaper as he pushed Issei and tried to stab him.

"You don't want to be like me, right?" asked Issei as he smashed the blade to the side.

"No... and by the way, Rias is pregnant, just to let you know." said Reaper as he tripped Issei.

Issei froze as he was on the ground and as he looked up to Reaper, he then asked him, "How do you know?"

"Ummm...." said Reaper as he then thought back.

"Hey Reaper... could you come over here for a moment?" asked Rias suddenly.

They were on the train, had just begun transit to Japan from Greece, and Reaper had been going towards the back of the train as he had hoped to be alone for a little bit. But Second to the last cabin he was going to, Rias's sudden voice stopped him.

And since she did ask, he would obey as he opened the door and found her sitting on one of the benches as she then said, "I have something to ask of you..."

"Yes?" asked Reaper.

"I've been feeling... odd lately..." said Rias as then she extended a single finger out to him. "Could you... possibly see what's going on?"