Chapter 43

The explosion of the mountain sent a terrifying glow over the valley as it bathed it in orange and red as fire lit up spots where it had been flung over to from mountain debris. The crater now in the mountain showed exactly where the Prison had been as well as the army of Balrog charging from it and down the mountain side as those on both sides of the fight, the Alliance and the Kaos Brigade, soon found itself retreating from the Balrog in one mass as Azazel looked down into the crater and gave a whistle as he was in awe and a small bit of shock.

Hyperion stood tall and strong, just a bit bigger than the average man in fact almost twice as tall. His armor was Greek-style in nature and was made of pure gold as it radiated with deadly power. He held a xiphos sword in one hand as his head was crowned by a many-pointed crown, like the suns rays in a cartoon had been made into a crown. And his eyes shone almost like the sun as he gazed all around him at the destruction he had just wreaked upon.

The Balrog creatures, covered in dark armor and armed with whips and large blades of pure fire, spread their wings and flew into the sky as other trampled the ground, anyone before them quickly being butchered by them regardless of allegiance or race.

Azazel watched with Michael, Sirzechs, and the Oni leader as below them their armies either fled the mountainside engulfed in fire or fought vainly to buy time against an early unstoppable foe.

Still watching from the mountain side as magic and fire rained all over, Rias and the others watched in horror and shock as three figures tried to fight the Balrog coming as a wave of fiery death down the mountainside.

Those figures were Issei, Vali, and Reaper as they had their armor on and fought tooth and nail against a almost unending tide.

Reaper slashed one in half and then stabbed it through its head with a Blood Spear as he was slightly disappointed at how Ibraem had died just as Hyperion had appeared. After landing somewhere in the valley, Ibraem and Reaper had both quickly gotten up to soon see the beginning of the Balrog army charge down the mountainside as Vali and Issei ran off to meet them in combat. Ibraem had almost attacked Reaper when suddenly he had begun to scream as then he ignited like a flamethrower to oil and disintegrated, the power of Hyperion from within him soon returning to its rightful owner. The death of their leader had broken the Old Devils, Fallen, and other Kaos brigade forces as many had left with all due haste as they saw that Hyperion wasn't their friend anymore

And now Reaper watched as Hyperion looked all around him before shouting in a loud voice for the whole valley to hear, "Bow to your new ruler, lesser beings!"

"We gotta get to him and put him down!" Said Reaper to Issei and Vali.

"We need a miracle, then. These Balrog are fierce opponents!" Said Vali as he managed to kill one with a lightning bolt.

"Yeah, well, we don't have much of a choice in this one this time." Said Reaper as he sent a Blood Wave to impale a cluster of Balrog.

"But how do we do that?" Asked Issei.

Reaper got on a his limited magic and managed to contact Sirzechs as he said, "Any idea how we can stop this army?"

"Well judging by how the Kaos Brigade is reacting, we might be able to persuade them to help us but I'm not sure if we haven enough forces even then to take Hyperion on." He replied.

"Well try it anyway and have everyone give it our all!!"

Reaper blocked the sword of one Balrog with his own and as the heat reached him through his armor, it made his armor slightly warm as he pushed it back.

Sirzechs looked to Azazel, Michael, and the Oni as he said, "Azazel, you're with me to somehow convince the Kaos Brigade it would be in all of our interests to stop Hyperion. Michael, and Oni spirit, go to what's left of our forces with Houses Leviathan and Grenmory and rally our forces to stand and fight.."