Chapter 62

REBECCA'S POV

I remained crabby at the boys until they surprised me with warm brownies after my shower. They regretfully admitted to them coming from a box but they were still delicious, plus it's the thought that counts. We ate supper backwards with dessert first but I made them stop eating that so they wouldn't get sick. After showering, they helped me make a quick pasta dish and chowed down on that instead.

"Are you sore from your workout?" Ryan asked when I flinched a little after he pulled me into his side on the couch.

"A little bit – I can't imagine what tomorrow's going to be like."

"I'll give you a backrub after the game... sound good?" I smile up at the sweet guy next to me and cuddle in closer. We remain attached at the hip once again until falling asleep in Ryan's bed a few hours later.

---

I'm in a lovely coma-like sleep until a scruffy face nuzzles into my neck.

"Time to wake up baby," Ryan says in his sexy morning voice. "I set the alarm a little earlier so you have time to take a long, hot shower." I try to lift my arms and want to cry at how sore the muscles are.

"I can't move," I whine. "How am I supposed to shower?"

Ryan shifts his body and hovers over me while kissing my neck. "I could definitely help you in there..." I know he was joking (partly) but goose bumps immediately covered my entire body at the naughty thought. I really wouldn't mind him joining me if we were further along in our relationship but we aren't there yet.

"Relax babe. I'm kidding." I must have unconsciously been clenched up or something. He kisses my neck one more time and pecks my lips before plopping back on the bed. "Well if you don't get in there soon I'll have to join you so we don't run out of time!"

I quickly hop up and he chuckles. I can't let him get the last laugh so I smirk just before leaving his bedroom.

"Pretty sure we would definitely run out of time if we went in there together..." I disappeared into the hallway but heard his loud groan reverberate throughout his room. I grin, knowing I'd bested him that time, and gently climb into the steaming shower. I'm secretly glad that Ryan woke me up early because it was no question that I needed this hot shower. I seriously might die after tonight's workout with Landon if he's so tough on me again.

Wrapping myself in a clean towel from under the sink, I sneak back into Ryan's room to make sure he's up.

"Jesus Christ Becca," he mumbled when I lean over to kiss his cheek.

"What?" I'm genuinely curious about what the problem is.

"Quit teasing me and then walking around looking all sensual in your towel." I couldn't hold it back – I burst out laughing.

"Sensual?!"

Ryan licked his lips and got out of bed. "Mhm," was all he said as he attempted to sneak out of the room. Although he tried hard to conceal himself, I noticed the definite bulge that stood out prominently within his gym shorts. It makes me blush but I'm not sure if it's from embarrassment or the thought that it kind of revs me up to see that... Anyways, I get to my room and put on a simple outfit including one of the new tops I bought with Bentley over the weekend. She said it would look great with skinny jeans and it undeniably did.

---

Ryan seemed a lot more relaxed on the way to school and I tried not to think about him 'relieving his pent-up energy' but hey, I have a dirty mind, sue me.