Chapter 67

RYAN'S POV

The drive was painstakingly silent after I hung up with Mike. He told me nobody would be at the apartment until later this afternoon but that I could just let myself in with the spare key they gave me. I chatted with him for about ten minutes and since I hung up Becca hasn't said a thing... that was almost twenty minutes ago.

"Becs," I start, low and soft, "You're okay. Nothing is going to happen to you alright? I will never let him near you."

She looked up with teary eyes and nodded before sending a weak smile in my direction.

"I know, but what if you weren't there? What would I have done?"

"I was there babe and I will always be there. Coming up to the twins' place is very temporary. We can relax a little bit and think about our options without having to constantly watch our backs okay?"

"Okay," she whispered as I pulled into the apartment's parking lot.

---

"So, do you want to do meal preps, watch tv, maybe just make out...?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her and she laughs. We'd been in the apartment for an awkward five minutes just looking around doing nothing. I want to cheer her up, at least a little bit, so she isn't trapped in this sullen mood all day – I'm not going to allow Kirk to ruin her Saturday.

Instead of answering my question, she stalks towards me, stands on her tiptoes, and tugs on my shirt until I lean forward enough for her to latch her arms around my neck and pull me towards her mouth. Her kisses are enough to instantly make my heart beat faster even though we've shared them before. I remind myself that I need to stay in control, but I love the distraction she's chosen and want to keep her mind on anything other than Kirk for as long as possible so I deepen the kiss by sweeping my tongue inside her mouth. Her little gasp when I reach down and wrap her legs around my waist drives me crazy and has me heading towards the couch. I sit back and rest her atop me (straddling) and just let my hands roam around her back so she can be in control. Her tiny body grinds down on mine and I force my hands to land on her hips, honestly enjoying it for a second before remembering I need to keep my head on straight. I hold Becca still and she retaliates by pulling on my bottom lip with her teeth.

"Fuck Becs." The huskiness in my voice snaps me out of this trance she keeps trying to put me in. "Babe slow down." She looks sad at first but realizes we were close to falling over the edge and starts kissing more gently.

"I'd say... that couch has seen enough action from Mike – it doesn't need to see any more!" Matt's voice bellowed out into the open room and I watched Becca's normally pale complexion rapidly turn completely red. Her hands went to cover up her face and I pulled her to my chest right after that.

"Mike said nobody would be home until later," I say while turning to look at Matt as he walks into the living room.

"I wasn't supposed to but I swapped a shift and came home two hours ago... I was actually trying to sleep," he added with a chuckle. Becca whimpered in embarrassment and I couldn't help but smirk a little.

"Hey Becs, want to start doing those meal prep things?" She nods from her position and I laugh. "I'll meet you in the kitchen then alright?" Her lead lifts and looks at me skeptically so I lean in and very quietly, so Matt doesn't overhear, explain. "Hun, I need a little bit to uh... calm down." Smiling, she bolts into the kitchen after an awkward wave to Matt.

"We gave you our key for emergencies Ryan not so you could use our apartment as a hook up place," Matt started lecturing right away – getting his older brother duties out of the way before he felt it was okay to give me a high five for snagging that beautiful of a girl.