Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Rooftop
---

"Um...Natsu?"

The pink haired boy turned to her, a slightly bothered expression plastered on his face. "What?"

Ignoring the rude tone in his voice, she swallowed the lump in her throat and asked, "Where exactly are we going?"

Natsu groaned. "You'll see soon enough. You're so impatient."

"I am not!" Lucy pouted, crossing her arms over her chest.

The boy stared at her incredulously. "Sure. Believe what you want. Now let's go, we might get caught." He broke out into a form of a sprint, trying not to move his guitar around too much as he began to run.

Her eyes widened. "Hey! What do you mean caught?!" She followed after him and up what seemed like an endless flight of stairs. She caught up to Natsu just as he pushed a nearby exit open, hurrying away.

Lucy huffed in annoyance but continued after him anyways, wanting to see where he was going. As soon as she pushed open the door, her eyes caught sight of a beautiful angle of the sun slowly at the peak of just setting. The sky was painted with streaks of pink, blue, and a little bit of purple.

The blonde found Natsu sitting on the edge of the flat roof, his feet and legs dangling off the edge. She walked over to him and sat next to him, eyes still entranced by the sunset.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" The boy chuckled as he had plucked some of the strings on his guitar.

"Y-yeah...How'd you find this place?" She finally turned to look at him.

"When you want to be alone most of the time, you tend to wander around by yourself," He said flatly. "It's best if no one knows about it."

Curiosity struck the girl. She hesitated before finally saying, "Then why did you show me this place if you wanted it to be unknown to others?"

Without looking into her chocolate brown eyes, Natsu chuckled again, still strumming his guitar. "There's something about you I like. You're different."

Lucy raised an eyebrow. "How? You don't know anything about me."

Natsu shrugged. "That's why we're having that coffee date later, right?"

The blonde couldn't help but let out a light laugh as she rolled her eyes. "Right."

---

"I know this may seem completely out of the blue, but Levy actually told me to stay away from you. She said you weren't exactly known for being the nicest person here," Lucy suddenly blurted out. The two were walking side by side down the empty hallways, listening to the bursts of music being heard from different rooms every now and then.

Natsu looked at the blonde in what seemed to be a mix of amusement and disbelief. "Were you really going to follow her word? What, is she your mom now?"

The blonde flinched, slightly hurt by what he said. Brushing it off she forced a grin. "Maybe. It's better than having no mother at all."