Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Remember
---

"You're keeping your eyes closed, right?"

Natsu sighed in exasperation. "Yes, yes. Could you just tell me where we're going?"

Lucy huffed. "Nope. Just keep walking."

He sighed, feeling her hands gently press on his eyes as she guided him from behind. He suddenly felt her let go with a squeal, letting his eyes shoot open to see Lucy begin to slip from the ice.

Her eyes squeezed shut, bracing for impact as she felt her foot lose balance from the iced road, only to feel a strong arm wrap around her waist from her backside. She peeked her eyes open to see Natsu, his face an inch away from hers.

He caught her.

A serious expression was on his face. "I'm not letting you get hurt. Not again." Lucy barely picked up on the last part as he mumbled under his breath.

She smiled softly. "Thanks for catching me."

"No problem," He said. Natsu kept his arm wrapped around her waist even after helping her stand again. "Just...be careful, okay?"

Lucy nodded quickly.

He sighed with a warm look in his eyes. "Do you want me to close my eyes again?"

Her mood brightened as she cheered internally. "Yes please."

Natsu let his eyes slowly close as he chuckled. He turned to her, keeping his eyes shut. "This time stay in front of me."

Lucy nodded reluctantly and shifted to his front, trying her best not to blush when he wrapped both of his arms around her waist. "Lead the way," He said.

The blonde placed her hands over his and took a step forward, gradually picking up the pace as they continued to walk. She wasn't aware of him peeking one of his eyes open, just to make sure nothing happened.

"Hey Natsu?"

"Yeah?"

"What was I like?"

"...What do you mean?"

Lucy felt his grip tighten a bit. She breathed out calmly. "Before my accident. What was I like? Was I friendly? Rude? Outgoing?"

He chuckled. "You were shy, and humble. You were an amazing person."

"Was I really that good at singing?"

"Of course. You weren't confident in yourself, but I think you just needed a small push in the right direction," He murmured.

"What about us?"

Natsu let his eyes open completely, staring at the top of her head. "What about us?"

"What were we like together?" Lucy took a small breath in. "Did we love each other...?"

He let out a quiet sigh. "You were different...when it came to love."