Chapter 18

*Bailey's POV*

I woke up in a jerk. My body was shaking, I was sweating, and it all felt like I was in one big nightmare. I was paralyzed for a few minutes, I didn't want to even try getting out of bed.

Bed.

Why am I in a bed?

I shook my head. You're fine Bailey, just close your eyes. It's all a nightmare. Go to sleep.

But I didn't listen to myself, as always. My eyes darted around the room and I tried to figure out where I was. All I could think of was that I was running through those trees, getting smacked in the face and arms with tree limbs.

I looked over to my left, seeing someone's back to me. I squinted my eyes, trying to make out who exactly was sleeping next to me.

Whoever it was, had a dark green shirt on. There was a layer of brown under the green, but I could barely see it in the dimly lit room.

I closed my eyes, trying to relax, but my eyes opened again. I kept looking at who was sleeping beside me. Who on Earth would think it was okay to sleep with me?!

My arm shifted, triggering the sleeping person to move. They turned over to face me. I couldn't see their face but I knew they were about to wake up. I shut my eyes as fast as I could, pretending to be asleep.

My heart was beating so fast, anyone could see it through the covers.

"Bailey? Are- are you awake?" I heard a faint whisper.

You're asleep. Go to sleep. Don't let-

I felt someone's warm body come closer to mine, pulling me towards them.

Stay calm, it's all a bad dream. Just stay calm...

Then I lost it.

I scrambled out of the bed and rolled onto the floor. I screamed in fear of whoever was there with me. I ended up against the wall, pulling my knees into my chest.

"Bailey! It's me! Settle down!"

    Of course.

Peter.

He rushed over to me, and pulled me up to my feet, pulling me into a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay. I can't live without you," he whispered into my ear.

I pushed him off of me and backed away.

"Don't touch me. I want to know what happened." I said in a low tone.

He nodded, understanding. "You were cut with Dreamshade. Someone found you, dying in the middle of the jungle, so they brought you here. I saved you," Peter smiled proudly. "And you've been out for a month."

I gulped. A month? Wow. But why was he sleeping in the bed with me?

I pointed to the bed. "Explain that."

He looked at the bed, then back to me, scratching the back of his neck. "You were alone in here, and that was the only place to sleep."

I glanced around, "There are plenty of chairs."

"Right." his eyes looked into mine, and I could see them glisten whenever he looked at me. "Are you hungry?" he changed the conversation, as he began to make the bed.

"Were you trying-"

"Eat this."

Peter threw an apple to me, and I caught it above my head. It was as if he wanted to throw it off, and not towards me. I have no idea why this was true.

"I'll get you some clothes." he no longer was looking at me as he spoke, and his voice became more demanding. "Unless you want to come with me." he waited for me to respond, wanting me to take his offer.

    "No." my voice was weak, but Peter didn't say anything. He went around the corner, disappearing into the dark.

Author's Note:

BAILEY'S BACKKKKK!!!!

Yay, she's not dead! Of course, I already knew that, anyways, what do you think Bailey's gonna do now that Peter's gone off? And, whatever happened to Wendy? Or Killian?

Ok, question:

DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT A MAZE RUNNER FANFIC AFTER THIS?

AND HAS ANYONE SEEN GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 OTHER THAN ME?

 K BYE

-Bella Kae <3