Chapter 23

What did I do to deserve this type of torture?

Peter has been sitting across from me, making I wouldn't run off for hours. He hasn't made a noise, hasn't looked at me, at least not that I've seen, and all he's done was carve away at a price of wood.

And it was like this for hours.

I'd try and rest my eyes for a minute but as soon as I did so, Peter would "drop" the block of wood, making a loud noise.

Finally, I was fed up with his behavior, and spoke up. "Could you please be a little less loud?"

Peter rolled his eyes and set down his project. "I didn't expect you to stay quiet that long."

"Well, I think we're both wondering, why are we just sitting here staring at the floor?"

Peter sighed, "I need to keep you safe, haven't I told you that before?"

I rolled my eyes, "I have, and honestly, I think you're in over your head. I can handle being on my own."

Peter moved closer to me as if he were about to hug me. The fire in his eyes had left, and now it was as if the sparkle had never left. He looked at me, like the first time we had met. I bit my lip and looked away, but he touched my wrist, making me turn towards him again.

"Bailey." he whispered in a husky voice.

"What?" I tried to keep the moment from going deep into the love zone. Which thankfully, I wasn't falling in.

But, Peter had already dropped into the abyss.

"I need to ask you something."

"O-okay." it felt so awkward, Peter acting like this after lecturing me only a few hours before. After him treating me so badly.

Maybe he was protecting me.

"Do you love me?"

It was as if he was staring a hole into my eyes. Those sweet, yet, monster eyes, sparkling whenever he looked at me. Peter was still hiding something, and somehow, I had to get it out of him.

How?

I'd have to fall into the same hole to get anything out of that boy.

Author's Note:

Helloooooooo summer!

How'd you like the chapter? 

Amazing? Good.

Well, I think it's safe to say that Bailey just might still l have feelings for Peter. Either that, or she's just going to pretend to like him for who knows how long. 

And what's going to happen with Prince-Daniel-Derek -Jonathan-what's-his-face?

See, even I can't get his name right!

We'll hopefully see what his and Bailey's backstory is in the next chapter or so.

Alright, have a good summer my lost ones

-Bella Kae <3