Chapter 29 (Part 2)

The guard led me over to another, that was announcing names.

"What's your name, miss?"

"Oh, uh-" I felt a warm arm slide around my waist, pulling me into him. I looked up at his face, instantly smiling.

"Princess Bailey Rose of Rosewood," Derek said to the announcer, as he gently kissed my forehead.

I blushed, and he pulled me into a long overdue hug.

The announcer said my name, and Derek led me down a flight of stairs covered in red velvet. The music sounded lovely, the people danced around us, everything was beautiful. I had never thought I'd be at such an amazing place.

"May I have this dance?"

I laughed at his cheesy remark and took his hand as he pulled me into the crowd of people. I spun around, he held me tight as the music played. It was like I had always wanted. A nice dance with a prince. Like any other girl would want to have, a dream come true.

After the music ended, another played, but we did not stay dancing. Derek pulled me over to a refreshment table while we drank punch and water to stay hydrated.

"Bailey, may I take you outside? There's something I need to ask, or rather say to you in private." I nodded, and Derek took me out onto a small porch-like area that was covered in plants and flowers.

He took my hands in his, and looked into my eyes, glistening in the moonlight. He smiled, showing his pearly white teeth. "What is it?" I asked, my voice sounding so innocent.

"Do you remember why we met?"

I hadn't thought of it in a while, when it struck me, I knew exactly what Derek was about to do. "Yes, the king-"

"You and I are supposed to marry one day," he said quietly. "So why don't we make that a reality instead of just leaving it off to the side." he started to kneel down, my left hand in his. Derek started to pull something out from his pocket, and once it hit the moonlight, it sparkled so bright, I could barely see.

"Will you be my bride Bailey?"

"Derek I-" I looked down at him, his smiled growing by the minute. "Of course!"

He was about to slide the ring onto my ring finger when he glanced at the opposite hand. He shook it off and continued with the ring. As soon as it was on my finger, he jumped up, and spun me around, while showering me with kisses.

But during this time, all I could think about was the one thing that almost stopped Derek.

Peter's ring.

Author's Note:

You guysssss the last chapter will be up by Sunday morning! If you're lucky it'll be up tomorrow morning or so!