Chapter 7: The Rebirth

Raison set off in search of the items. As protection, he kept his two most powerful men, known as "Commanders," beside him at all times. His first commander, Brithwald, was his most powerful Apprentice.

His second commander, Sojak, was the second most powerful. He was also Raison's most trusted Apprentice.

Raison had visions everyday, revealing more about the two items. He learned that they had been found in the Oceans, by accident. The items had incredible powers, and were worshipped by the tribes that found them.

He saw the locations of the items, but getting to them would be difficult. He led his men on the journey, and mostly traveled by ship. 

They first traveled to the location of the medallion. They found that the medallion was kept inside a Temple, and was heavily protected. They waited until nightfall to take it. The medallion was very hot, and so they carried it inside a box.

They then journeyed once more, in search of the dagger. His visions led him to it easily. They found that the dagger was in a similar situation as the medallion: inside a temple, and heavily protected. They waited until nightfall once more, and went to take the weapon.

Whenever Raison got close, however, he was suddenly in Despair. The dagger sucked all hope and happiness away, just as it had done in the vision. Sojak ran to aid Raison, and pulled the dagger away. He then sealed it into a second box.

According to Raison, these two items were very dangerous, and could not be united. Most of his men believed him without a second thought. But Brithwald did not.

Brithwald was angry with Raison for taking them on this journey, when all they were taking was a medallion and a dagger. Brithwald wouldn't see reason, and remained angry with Raison.

Once they returned to their homeland, Raison took the two items and tried to destroy them. But no matter the weapons and magic they used, it wouldn't harm the items.

Brithwald only became more angry with Raison. He believed the entire thing was a lie, that Raison lied to them. He attacked Raison in front of all of the InterKnights, and took the dagger and medallion.

He wanted to prove Raison was a liar. According to his vision, using the dagger to stab the medallion would release Solaris. And so Brithwald did. A light as bright as the Stars shone across the land, and Solaris began his rampage once more.