Chapter 17: The End of the World

I looked up. The Moon was spewing Darkness. something was happening there, but what? The situation only continued to escalate.

Buildings shook, lightning struck, the wind blew, people ran, children screamed, animals attacked, and things burst into flames.

Tsunamis started to form Worldwide. Earthquakes were frequent. Volcanoes started to erupt on some islands, and Tornadoes appeared in a majority of countries. Some people were using this time to commit crimes, others fled for safety.

Complete Chaos.

It couldn't get worse, could it? Yes. The InterNinjas suddenly appeared, all eleven of them. They were ready to destroy me at all costs. "Alright, let's end this now," I said.

I was still conserving energy, so I wasn't going to use my teleporting powers unless it was absolutely mandatory. I ran as fast as I could, past swarms of people, flaming buildings, and flipped vehicles.

SonyNinja10 and UbisoftNinja12 jumped in front of me, each firing a spell. I blocked the first, and deflected the second. I then jumped onto the side of a skyscraper, and began to run up the side.

SegaNinja8, NintendoNinja7, and MicrosoftNinja13 ran after me. I shot Electra Volt, and shattered some windows. Sega tripped on the open window, and fell into the building. Microsoft fired Inferno, which blew the building in half.

The top half began to fall, as I continued to run up it. ActivisioNinja11 appeared from the smoke, and flew after me, but I quickly dodged her. The top half of the building was completely horizontal, in mid-fall. I barely made it to the top, then jumped onto the top of another building.

From here, I saw the city again. Within a few hours of battling, Destruction spread rapidly. Then, something unexpected. The visible light began to warp. A portal appeared out of thin air. In it, Ulti-Earth, the World of Monsters, was visible.

The advanced creatures on the other side were just as frightened as the humans. I noticed that they were experiencing the same destruction we were. But why had the portal appeared? Was this also because of the Countdown to Chaos?

EANinja3 jumped at me, but I flip-kicked him, then jumped from his body, upwards. I landed on top of a smashed Car, and took a deep breath. My power was wearing thin. Then, I heard a familiar laugh. Aos was speaking to the Earth again. And from the looks of it, Ulti-Earth heard it too.

"The portal you see leads to a very familiar world. An alternate version of Earth, hidden from you many Millennia ago. They are experiencing the same problem you are, as well. Not to worry, however. It will all end soon. The Countdown to Chaos continues. 10 hours, 19 minutes remain."

*The ability to run on walls is shared by all InterNinjas, and is a form of Magic.

*Aos implies that the End of the World has already begun. Mass destruction has been occurring worldwide.

*The beings of Ulti-Earth were not aware of the existence of our world. However, they have been experiencing the Countdown to Chaos as well.

*In the ensuing Chaos, very few notice the battle taking place.