Chapter 20: Hope

What could possibly be said?

I had failed my mission, miserably. The Earth was gone, along with everyone on it. Oblivion, the newest deity, stood there with a smile. "All of the people...." I couldn't bring myself to finish.

Oblivion started to speak: "Now that that planet is out of the way, I think I'll remake this Universe in my own fashion. Let's begin." I thought the destruction of Earth was terrible, but it didn't come close to what was happening now.

Oblivion waved his Arm, and the stars started to disappear. "I'm going to start with a clean slate. I'll use the darkness to Erase everything" he stated plainly. Planets, Stars, and Galaxies disappeared as they were enveloped in shadow.

"This whole Universe is mine now..." He muttered to himself. I was still unable to escape from the tentacles, and they seemed to be tightening. I didn't care, however. Why try to escape, if there was nothing left to fight for...

Oblivion waved his Arm to erase a light, but it didn't go away. Instead, it grew brighter. "What is this?!" he shouted. I looked up, and knew what was happening immediately. Here came the Chaos Gems, at an alarming speed. I struggled to escape, but I was still stuck.

"Oh, it's you...." Oblivion muttered. He didn't seem to be threatened by Chaoxys' arrival, but then I saw why. Chaoxys transformed into his true form, but this wasn't right... He was shriveled and decayed, like a Zombie.

"HAHAHAHA!" Oblivion yelled, "Look at you! How pathetic!" Chaoxys interrupted Oblivion, and started to talk with him.

"You know why this happened, Oblivion..."

"Of course I do! You are the Deity of Life! But with all of the Life I am taking away, you grow weaker. Oh, Poor Chaoxys. I thought you were supposed to be the strongest Deity... Prove it, if you can!"

Oblivion erased a huge chunk of the Universe, destroying thousands of life-covered planets. Chaoxys shrieked, and fell to the ground. Oblivion just laughed. "You are a fool, thinking you can come here and stop me. Just DIE." Oblivion shot a wave of force at Chaoxys. It hit him head on, knocking him back hundreds of meters.

"Oblivion, you are foolish... You destroy for fun... What happened to your Compassion?"

"Compassion? COMPASSION?!" Another wave of energy hit Chaoxys. "Why would I need Compassion? I am a GOD!!" Chaoxys was riddled with energy waves, creating craters in the ground.

"Everything -Urgh!- needs Compassion... and Love. Gaia's Law gives humans the right to love, the... the same right we had as Deities. -Ahh!- Love is a special kind of Power, one that transcends Light and Darkness, Time and Space, Deities and Reality. Nothing you do can stop it!"

I thought back to my Mother. The Earth was gone, meaning I would never see her again... My Friends and Family, the ones I love....

"HRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

I thought one of the Deities had been injured, but they were both staring at me.

"Love can do anything. And it will." Chaoxys spoke.

I looked up, and saw the 7 Chaos Gems hovering around me. They spun rapidly, like a circular rainbow. Then it hit me: I was the one yelling. Golden Flames and lightning shot from my body. The ground cracked and sparkled, and the Tentacles shattered.

The flames started to harden, becoming a bright, golden armor over my body. Energy pulsated from me, like a heartbeat. I had never felt so powerful.... But this raised a new question.

"Where is the power coming from?" I asked. "The Chaos Gems get power from Life, right? But Oblivion just destroyed... Oh."

"Oh, WHAT?!" Oblivion shouted. "Where is that power coming from?!"

"Love" Chaoxys said. "Something you don't have."

*The love Namco has for his Family and Friends has given him the power of Chaos.

*Because Oblivion murdered most living things, Chaoxys has grown weak. He cannot fight.

*The Chaos Gems usually use power from living things. This time, however, they gained power from Loving Memories.