8- I bite like a bitch

Nearly Tripping down the steps, I stood at the bottom silently as an over dressed Kelsie and my mom greeted the Capetti's with smiles on their faces. Puffing out my cheeks I blew the air out of them and repeated this about 5 times until Phoenix nudged me with his elbow.

"What?" Directing his eyes to the door, I saw Kit waiting there with a single rose in his hand and twitching his nose. He was dressed in a blue button up shirt with black jeans and fancy shoes.

Blinking my eyes twice, I hopped off of the stairs and slightly pushed through the Capetti's. I swear there wasn't that many of them before, they just keep reproducing.

"Wow, you look amazing" He cooed as he bent down to kiss me. Rolling my eyes, I laughed and took the rose from his hand. I always hated when guys gave girls such predictable gifts, I know it's the thought that counts but I just want something different you know.

Get me a goat or something, well.. not an actual goat because my mom would freak, but at least come up with something original.

"For moi, really, you shouldn't have." I said sarcastically in an extremely bad french accent.

Winking down at me, he then took a nervous breath as he looked ahead.

It seemed that River and Evan were giving him looks that could kill. I would have told them to quit it, but their eyes were way too freaking mesmerising to do so.

Grabbing his hand, I lead him to the kitchen and sat opposite him. Giving him a reassuring look, he cocked his head and was now back to confident (arrogant) and same old kit.

Everyone started to pile into the kitchen and take their seats.

Tate took a seat beside me and so did Evan, I literally felt suffocated.

"So Carmela..-" Francesca started slowly.

"Are you and Kit like an item now?" My mom started to cut the chicken while her eyes darted to Kit and back to me with an excited smile.

Francesca had asked me this exact question yesterday and I had told her we weren't, I had repeated it several times in fact.

"No"

"Yes" Kit said as I mumbled my answer. Kit shot me a questioning look and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Awkward.." Evan mumbled beside me. Kicking him on the leg, his knee shot up and hit the table, causing him even more pain.

"What I mean by no is that, I mean we're just good friends, taking it one day at a time " All Francesca did was nod her head slowly and tuck into her peas and carrots. Eugh, here's another droning conversation im going to have to have with Kit.

Clearing his throat, Tate shot a polite smile at my mom and thanked her for inviting them round.

Sneakily placing his hand on my thigh, I looked up at him with a blush rising to my cheeks.

As my mom shared out the chicken and other sides, I leaned over in his direction while everyone's concentration was on their food.

"If you ever want Tate juniors, I advise you to move your fucking hand" I whispered as silently as possible, it still wasn't quiet enough as River looked up at us curiously.

Plying his hand off of my thigh for it only to be back seconds later, I let out a tiresome moan, which may had not sounded so 'tiresome' after all.

Everyone's head shot up and their eyes were on me.

"This food is real good mom" shoving some carrots in my mouth I moaned again and rubbed my belly.

Everyone's laughs started to fill the kitchen including Tates as his hand got higher and higher.