3- A bit of payback

Hearing someone's voice grow louder and louder, I threw a pillow over my head, and tried to silence the obnoxious ringing sound in my head.

"Shut up Phoenix, I have the worst hangover ever" Hearing the door creak open, I sighed and sat up in frustration. This is why I had asked my mom for a lock on my room, I literally have no privacy what so ever in this house.

Rubbing my mascara-smeared eyes, I focused on the figure in front of me, which wasn't Phoenix at all.

"Tate.. What are you doing in my house" Reaching for my alarm clock on my bedside table, I fell out of bed as there was nothing there to grab onto. This isn't my room, is it?

Scrambling to my feet, I slightly stumbled as my head span around in circles. Looking around at the burgundy coloured walls, I grimaced as I started to remember snippets of the things that happened last night.

This is why I never drink; I always end up looking like a complete idiot.

"Is this your house?" As he walked over to his computer, he sat down on the chair and outstretched his arms. My eyes had drifted to his bare chest and legs.

"No, it's my spaceship, I thought I'd take you for a spin". So he did get sarcasm, he just chose to act like a stubborn tool at times.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, my eyes hadn't removed from his bare chest. I always read stories on how the 'bad boy' had abs like steal, and how his body was always so defined. I always thought it was pretty unrealistic, but damn did that boy prove me wrong.

Suddenly a horrific thought had appeared in my head, making my face turn as white as a ghost.

"Oh my god, we didn't.. You know.. Do the truffle shuffle" his eyebrows furrowed for a second before chocking out a laugh.

"You mean sex, did we have sex?" Cringing inwardly, I noticed how I was in his t-shirt. Wait, he freaking dressed me? The pervert dressed me. Oh god, I'm officially one of those girl I always sneer at.

"No is the answer, your hymen is still intact" saluting at me, he turned back around in his chair and started to type something into his computer. "-Plus, your dress is still on. I don't get kicks out of undressing belligerently girls."

I sheepishly peered down the large t-shirt and saw how my dress was still intact. My pride on the other hand, not so much.

"How do you even know I'm a virgin?" I asked curiously with my arms folded across my chest. I scanned his face as he turned around to face me.

"Because you call sex the truffle shuffle?" We both rolled our eyes at the same time, which caught me off guard. He turned back around in his chair, and carried on what he was doing before I had interrupted.

Sparing a moment to look around his room, I poked and prodded at anything that looked remotely interesting. It was a lot more bare than I thought it would be. There were labelled boxes in the corner filled with folded clothes and items. 

Picking up a picture Frame that was dumped on a pile of books, I saw it was one where their whole family was together; it couldn't have been 2 or 3 years old. They were on the beach each wearing a perfect smile.

Scanning my eyes over Tate's face, he looked content with joy. As if he hadn't a care in the world.

So why was he always acting as if he had a stick shoved up his ass? And how is it that they were all so freaking attractive? It was like they were genetically programmed. Sighing, I placed the picture frame down and looked over Tate's shoulder.

The jerk was skyping people, while I stood here looking like an awkward duckling.

Bumping him off of the chair, he fell on the ground with a thud and a groan, making me smile in triumph.