5- Cookies and Confusions

Reaching home, I dragged my way to the kitchen and inhaled the aroma of baked cookies. The smell of food didn't even seem to cheer me up. Since running off like a little mouse, everything I heard was making me jump. I had nearly needed a new change of underwear when Leyla decided to scare me as I was walking out of the school toilets.

My new plan was to try to avoid Tate as much as I could and just find out gossip about him so I could write my article. Yup, sounds good to me.

Jumping up on the island in the middle of the kitchen, I found myself looking at my mum with a puzzled expression.
Why on earth was my mom baking cookies at four o'clock in the evening.

Kelsie also had the same look on her face, but I think that was because she was trying to paint her nails on her right hand.

"Who died?" I chirped as my mom wiggled along to grown women on the radio.

"No one died cheeky, but those new people have finally settled in" she smiled while holding up the plate of freshly baked cookies.

I saw people walking in and out non stop for the past 3 days, I didn't actually pay enough attention to know who they were, but they were probably alright people.

"We'll show them how much of an all American family we are" rolling my eyes, I had a feeling that I was going to be the one who had to once again introduce my family.

"You do know that by baking cookies, doesn't make you an all American person." Her eyes dropped and her mouth pouted.
Grabbing the carton of orange juice out of the fridge, I chugged it down and looked at her with an interested face.

"What? It doesn't?" Rolling her eyes with a slight smile on her face. She shoved the plate of cookies in my hand and practically pushed me out of the door.

"Make us look good" slamming the door in my face, I stared at it in irritation.

Make us look good? I don't think there's enough hours in the day for that.

Dragging my feet to their door, I made sure my clothes weren't ruffled and my hair didn't seem like a I was caught in a tornado. Then it came to me...what if someone hot lived here? Oh my god this could be my future husband. But then what if a bitch lives here? What if she makes it her mission to make my life miserable?

Breathe Carmela, breathe.

Slapping on a wide grin, I knocked the door in a delightful tune and waited for someone to answer.

Once the door swung open, my smile dropped from my face and my head tilted in confusion.

"Giovanni?" I questioned.

"The one and only babe" a clear smirk on his face, he looked down to the plate of cookies in my hand and took them from me with an interested expression.

Why wasn't he wearing a shirt? It was like -5 degrees out.

"Come say hello, neighbour." Turning around, he walked into his kitchen and disappeared. This was my chance to run back home and hide.
Why were they even living here, of all places?

Since when were they moving? Well it's not like you're exactly buddies with any of them to tell you they were.

Beginning to turn around, Giovanni's voice echoed through his house.

"Hurry up!" Gulping, I slowly entered the house, I partly expected some sort of trap to fall down and squish me.

As I entered the kitchen, I was frozen solid as I saw the whole of the Capetti clan around the table, well apart from Tate that is.

Everyone's eyes suddenly had focused on me.
Feeling someone engulf me in a hug, I looked up at the middle aged blue-eyed blonde haired lady.

"Carmela, it's so good to meet you" she said whilst hugging me again.
How the hell did she know my name? Who the heck was she? Why was she touching me?