Chapter Seven

Yuuna felt relieved when they finally reached the city gates. She sighed heavily as they stood in line to get through the check in station to be granted access into the city. She looked up at the large stone walls that loomed high above her. Yuuna was impressed such magnificent walls were built and she smiled at the thought of it. She stepped forward behind Daichi and allowed the guards to search her. After the searching, Yuuna was permitted into the city and she walked forward, her eyes sparkling with excitement as she took in the large city.

“Amazing!” Yuuna said as she looked around, Daichi walking up beside her. “So this is Crestar.”

“I’m surprised at the security they have,” Daichi said looking over his shoulder. “I’m guessing Ronin are just as bad in this area as they are back home.”

“Every area has trouble with Ronin one way or another,” Yamato said as he walked up. “There’s not a specific area that they don’t cover.”

“I hate how you know so much,” Daichi growled and Yuuna chuckled at the hostility between them. Feeling a pair of eyes on her, Yuuna looked over towards the fountain in the middle of the square and her eyes widened at the hooded figure standing there. A sensation ran through Yuuna, turning her blood cold. Who is this person? Yuuna thought as she stared at the figure. For some reason, Yuuna had a feeling she knew this person. However, Yuuna couldn’t shake the uneasy feeling that was welling up inside of her chest.

“Yuuna, who is that?” Daichi asked quietly as he suddenly took notice of the figure.

“I’m not sure,” Yuuna answered. The figure turned and walked towards the fountain, disappearing into the crowd. “But I have a feeling I know that person.”

“If that’s the case, perhaps we should follow it?” Yamato said walking up with Megumi and Katsu. Yuuna walked forward quickly, trying to keep the figure in sight. She heard Daichi and Yamato keeping up with her pace as she broke into a run. She weaved in and out through the people and around buildings following the figure into an alleyway, leaving the figure nowhere else to go.

“Stop!” Yamato yelled as he and Daichi drew their swords. The figure stopped near the back wall of the alley and Yuuna clutched her hands into fists, staring at the back of the figure. “Who are you?”

“You chase me around the city and then demand my name? You’re a rude fellow,” the figure said coldly and Yuuna’s eyes widened when she recognized it to be a woman’s voice. Yuuna looked behind her as Megumi and Katsu finally caught up, their eyes narrowed and fixated on the figure.

“You should expect it, looking like that,” Daichi said.  “We don’t want to hurt you, so you shouldn't have ran.”

“I know that’s a lie,” the woman said quietly and hoarsely. Yuuna watched as the figure fiddled with something and held it up for them to see.

“That’s—“Yamato said as his eyes widened in disbelief.

“Yes, a crest of the Ronin on the outskirts of this city,” the woman said as she tossed the cloth over her shoulder, landing at Yuuna's feet. “Understand Sylph and you hotheaded idiot? You owe me.”

“How did you know who we were?” Daichi said angrily, his hands tightening around the grips of his swords. “You don’t seem like a normal person.”

“I agree,” Katsu said. “Whoever she is, she’s giving a weird and different aura. It's uncomfortable.” The figure moved her head to the side and they all gasped at her eyes.

“You’re eyes are red,” Yuuna gasped. The woman closed her eyes and chuckled.

“Every reaction is different.” The woman turned her head back around. “Sylph, you intend to go to the temple in the desert. I warn against it; if you go there, you will give me no other choice.”