Chapter Nineteen

Yuuna sat in the back of the boat as Takuma rowed them out to the shrine. Megumi seemed uneasy about getting into the small boat and to make matters worse, Katsu was jumping around from excitement that Yuuna thought the boat was going to tip over. Yuuna smiled as Yamato started to scold Katsu and Daichi scold Yamato for scolding Katsu. Yuuna leaned to the side and stared at the approaching shrine, determined to get the guardian taken care of so she would be one step closer to the final destination. The boat finally reached the dock and Megumi was the first one off of it, collapsing onto the grass. Daichi laughed at her and received a glare in response.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you move that fast, Professor!” Daichi said with a huge smile. Megumi’s shoe smacked him in the middle of the face, leaving indentions. Daichi yelped and Katsu shook his head.

“Daichi, learn to keep your mouth shut,” Katsu said mockingly as Daichi babied his bleeding and bruised nose. Yuuna giggled as she got out of the boat. She walked up to the shrine and noticed the beautiful blue flowers that swayed in the wind near the path. The shrine was a small hut with a large stone tablet in the middle of it. A small well was to the left of it and water trough was near it. Yuuna walked up to the shrine and observed the stone tablet. She noticed a small inscription written on it and she leaned forward to read it.

When the four come together led by the Divine power of one, can peace truly be restored,” Yuuna read aloud and the others turned to look at her. “The prophecy the stars foretell sleep at the center of the Divine. Once the treasures are obtained can the beast be tamed and reverse the world back in time.”

“What are you reading?” Yamato said. Yuuna pointed towards the tablet.

“It’s written in the Old Language,” Yuuna said as Yamato walked up the steps and looked at it. “I don’t understand what it means.”

“How do you reverse time?” Daichi said crossing his arms. “That seems impossible.”

“It doesn’t seem impossible, it is impossible,” Megumi said as she walked over to study the tablet. She ran her hand over it. “I wonder how old this is.”

“Must be pretty old since it has the Old Language on it,” Yamato said as he straightened up. Megumi pointed to a word.

“Yuuna, what is this word?”

“It reads ‘Divine’,” Yuuna said. Megumi put her finger to her lip.

“It’s capitalized…does that mean it’s a name?” Megumi wondered aloud and Yuuna widened her eyes, not realizing till just now. Was the word Divine pointing to someone? Yuuna read over the tablet again, but most of the engravings were smeared due to age and she huffed in frustration.

“We can decipher the tablet later,” Yamato said. “We need to find the entrance to the temple.”

“That would be the entrance right there,” Takuma said as he pointed nonchalantly at the well. Katsu’s mouth fell open.

“We can’t fit down that!” he said running over and looking down the well. Takuma laughed and smiled a crooked smile.

“It’s easier once you start taking the ladder down. Don’t be such a baby,” Takuma said crossing his arms. Yuuna walked over and looked down the well. It looked blacker than an abyss and an uneasy feeling started to well up in her stomach. Yuuna gripped the side of the well and jumped in, falling the entire way down. She landed heavily at the bottom of the well as she heard the shouts above her. She stood up and saw a narrow corridor leading further in. She looked up and smiled at the faces of concern that were surrounding the entrance.

“It’s not a bad drop!” she shouted up. “Come on down. We need to get a move on before Yuuki gets here!” Yuuna started walking down the corridor, ignoring the whines above her. The walls were very close on either side, making it easy to bump into. She heard a thud and she turned around to see Daichi standing up. He looked up with a satisfied look. He walked up to Yuuna, his eyes squinting in the darkness.