Chapter Thirty-Three

“Wasn’t it around here?” Daichi asked frantically as they searched near the entrance to the Earth Temple.

“We saw her right when we walked out,” Megumi answered as she looked around.

“Guys,” Katsu said as he pointed to the tree. Still locked into the tree was Yuuna, her eyes blank and her body unmoving.

“She’s like a doll,” Yamato said angrily. He walked over and cocked his head to the side. “I wonder how we get her attention.”

“Attack her,” Daichi said and they all looked at him like he was insane.

“Attack Yuuna?” Katsu said. “Are you crazy? We can’t attack her!”

“We have to do something!” Daichi said. “Talking to her isn’t going to work and trying to lead her back to the temple would be a waste of time. We wouldn’t make it back in time anyway.”

“Daichi has a point,” Megumi said as she looked back at Yuuna. “I hate to do this, but it seems to be our only option.” They stared at Yuuna for a bit longer before Daichi held up his hand, shooting fire from it. Yuuna’s head move slightly as the fire shot by her and she raised her head. She glowed with a white aura and broke free from the bonds, creating a spear in her hand.

“Yep, you got her attention,” Yamato said as he expanded his wings, grabbed Megumi and took off into the air. Katsu grabbed Daichi’s clothes and lifted him up as Yuuna looked up at them. Daichi shot out fire again and Yuuna jumped to the side as it hit the ground. She expanded her wings and launched herself up towards them.

“Get going!” Daichi yelled and Katsu took off, following Yamato as Yuuna took off after them. Daichi looked back and saw that Yuuna was gaining.

“She’s faster than us!” Katsu said as he dodged a white spear as it whizzed past him. Daichi looked around as they passed over Crestar.

“Yamato!” Daichi shouted and he looked over at him. “Any ideas?!”

“NO,” Yamato shouted as he dodged one of Yuuna’s attacks. She got in front of them, two spears in her hands. They stared at her, breathing hard.

“We don’t have much more time,” Megumi warned them. “We have to lure her.”

“She’s blocking our way,” Yamato said. “What do we do?”

“We have to actually fight her to make her chase us down into the temple,” Katsu said.

“Fine,” Daichi and Megumi said as they created water and fire in their hands. Shooting it at Yuuna in blasts, they flew past her as she dodged and she took off after them. They dived into the entrance and Daichi’s foot skidded against the walls.

“Ouch,” he said and Katsu apologized as he dodged a beam of light. It hit the walls, causing rocks to fall from the ceiling. The rocks nailed Yamato and Katsu and they fell to the ground, Daichi and Megumi rolling on the ground.

“Damn,” Yamato said as he got up. Yuuna landed on top of the pile of rocks, looking at them.

“We’re almost there,” Megumi huffed as she got up, blood trailing from the wound on her head. Yuuna started walking towards them and Yamato raised his fist and rocks sprouted from the ground, blocking her path. Cracks appeared in the rocks, then shattered as Yuuna shot beams at it. They took off running and Yuuna followed them to the altar room. They stumbled in and looked over at Yuuki, the gems still glowing on her crest.

“We made it,” Katsu said.

“Not yet,” Daichi said as he backed up as Yuuna walked in. “She was to attack Yuuki.” Daichi drew his swords and flames erupted from the hilts down to the point. Yuuna turned her head to him, twirling the lance in her hand. Daichi lunged and Yuuna parried his blow. Daichi attacked again as he slowly back up to get Yuuna closer to Yuuki. Katsu and the others backed off slowly, trying not to draw Yuuna’s attention away from Daichi. Daichi looked over his shoulder and saw he was nearing Yuuki. Yuuna raised her spear and jumped towards Daichi. At that moment, Daichi leapt over Yuuki, back flipping over her as Yuuna’s spear plunged in the neck of Yuuki. Yuuna froze, and her spear disappeared. Daichi watched in shock as Yuuna’s body turned to stone, encasing her body like Yuuki.