Chapter Nine

Yuuna blinked a couple times, making sure what she saw wasn’t an illusion. Yuuna felt like she was looking in a mirror; this girl looked exactly like her. The only thing that told them apart was the girl’s short blonde hair and red eyes. The girl glanced at each of them in turn before her eyes landed back on Yuuna’s.

“I did tell you not to come to this temple,” she said as she crossed her arms over the massive cloak.

“Who are you?” Daichi growled as he took a couple steps forward. “And why do you look like Yuuna?”

“I’m not here to talk to you,” the girl snapped at Daichi. “I’m here for Yuuna.”

“You’re going to attack her?” Yamato said as he raised his sword, Katsu and Daichi also going in a defensive stance.

“If I wanted to attack her I already would have,” the girl said irritably. She looked at Yuuna. “I have a lot of stuff to tell you, but very little time to do so.”

“Tell me your name first,” Yuuna finally said as she put her hand over her wound. The girl’s eyes widened for a second before a cocky smirk appeared on her lips.

“I’m Yuuki,” she said shrugging her shoulders.

“Yuuki?” Yuuna said and she nodded.

“You can say my name, good for you. Anyways, you have to listen to me. Stop this journey now. It’s not worth it.”

“What?” Daichi and Katsu said at the same time.

“You’ve got to be joking,” Megumi said as she tightened her grip on the staff.

“I have no intention on stopping this journey,” Yuuna said as she stumbled up to Daichi.

“You’re not saving the world, if that’s what you think this is for,” Yuuki said darkly.

“That’s what the journey is!” Yuuna said. “I bring back balance, life and peace.”

“At what cost Yuuna?” Yuuki said fiercely and Yuuna looked away. “I know the cost. I endure it with you.”

“How is that possible?” Yuuna asked as she narrowed her eyes.

“We’re connected, Yuuna. That’s the reason why you can hear my thoughts at times,” Yuuki explained. “The power you get when you release the seals, I also get.”

“I can’t believe that,” Yamato said as he glared at Yuuki. “How are you connected to Yuuna?”

Yuuki was silent for a moment and Saizo looked down at her. “You’re pushing it, Yuuki,” Saizo warned. She shook her head. “Yuuna, I’m…” Yuuki trailed off and hesitated. Taking a deep breath, Yuuki continued. “I’m your twin sister, Yuuna.”

“Twin?!” Megumi said. Katsu and Daichi’s mouths fell open and Yamato narrowed his eyes. Yuuna stared horrified at Yuuki.

“You can’t deny it much either,” Yuuki continued. “I look just like you. I wanted—“

“Then why haven’t you been in my life all this time?” Yuuna yelled, starting to get worked up. “I don’t ever remember having a twin. Mother and Father never talked about you either. This has to be a lie!”

“The Sylph can’t be born with a twin or the balance would be upset,” Megumi said as she narrowed her eyes.

“Yuuna, I was left to die because I wasn’t you!” Yuuki yelled. “If I came back, your life would be in danger so I stayed away!”

“I can’t see the truth in this,” Daichi said as he walked forward. “But I just can’t deny the fact that you look like Yuuna.” He was silent for a moment. He looked at Yuuki with a dark glare. “That was your attack that killed the creature, wasn’t it?”