Chapter Five

Yuuki wandered out of the Ronin base, infuriated that she didn’t get all the information she wanted. She felt dizzy and her body was radiating heat off in waves. At first, Yuuki couldn’t understand what was wrong with her body. She was running a fever; that much was obvious. Yuuki collapsed near a tree a ways away from the base, her breaths coming in gasps. She started to cough and she growled with frustration. Yuuna, did you really release the first seal? Yuuki struggled to her feet, her legs wobbly. She looked over her shoulder as she felt something surging up within her, as well as the sensation as something being ripped from her. Yuuki released the tension in her back and saw black angelic wings expand from her it, ripping holes in her shirt. She stared wide-eyed at them before her expression turned grim. So she did, and now we both have this ancient and forbidden power. I wonder if Yuuna is aware of her new abilities. Yuuki folded her wings as she sat down, trying to catch her breath as the wings vanished completely. Yuuki was in just as much pain as Yuuna was in, yet something inside of Yuuki was causing her more agony then she could bear at the moment. It was so intense that she couldn’t move; her body was frozen stiff. I did find out what Fumito is planning on doing though. And he wants to make sure I stay out of his way. Man, the joy of messing his plans up will be mine to cherish! Holding her breath, Yuuki regained her feet, spread her wings, and leaped into the air, testing them for the first time. She was wobbly at first, but then soon got the hang of it. Yuuki flew towards the forest where she had parted with her partner and landed. Etched onto a tree was a message for her and she smiled as she read it.

“So, you’re about to face off with my sister’s group,” Yuuki whispered as she ran her hand over the message. A rustling noise sounded behind her and she spun around, her eyes narrowed as she came face to face with a Niravarnian Cardinal. He stood observing his blade, a bored expression on his face. His long, light green hair was draped across his shoulders and his eyes gleamed with a dark green light.

“Well, well, well, what do we have here? A Fallen Angel, I assume?” His slimy voice sent shivers down Yuuki’s spine.

“What is it you want, Genji?” Yuuki snapped, getting ready to take off if need be. He shrugged his shoulders as he examined his blade again.

“I’m just keeping my eye on a very naughty girl. We wouldn’t want her meddling in business that’s not her own, now do we?”

“Family is my own business,” Yuuki growled. Genji smiled evilly.

“Family that doesn’t even know you exist? How can that be business?” Yuuki was silent as Genji snickered at his own cleverness. “Fumito has given me orders; you take one step out of line and you will be taken into custody. This is your first warning.”

“I haven’t done anything to get on the Chairman’s nerves, much less the Cardinals,” Yuuki replied as she crossed her arms. Genji shook his head as his smile turned dangerous.

“We know you recently invaded a Ronin base. That is part of my area. Did you not think I wouldn’t notice?”

“Well you are a bit ditzy,” Yuuki muttered. She smiled at him. “No offense though.”

“I’ll send you straight to hell, girl. Don’t you ever forget that,” Genji growled, his eyes narrowing into slits. “Had I gotten my way, I would be skinning you very delicately. But Fumito wants to keep you alive, for now I should add.”

“Tell Fumito he’s such a sweetheart next time you see him for me,” Yuuki said as she batted her eyelashes. She turned to leave.

“You keep that attitude, and I can’t guarantee that pretty little head of yours will remain on your shoulders for long.”

Yuuki turned to make a comeback, but found that Genji was nowhere in sight anymore. She sighed heavily and fell to the ground. She leaned up against a tree and closed her eyes, the fever still making her weak. Fumito is watching me pretty damn close, she thought. If I’m to make a move, I’ll have to make it soon. Yuuna, can you pause the awakening of the guardians for a bit? That would help tremendously. Yuuki allowed herself to be pulled into sleep, for she knew she would have news about her sister when she awoke.