Chapter Twenty-Nine

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay in getting this chapter out. I'm moving so everything is going to be a little slow. I hope you guys are still enjoying this!!

“You’re an idiot. How did you survive this long?” Yuuki grunted as she hauled Daichi up through the hole in the floor of the Air Temple. Daichi grumbled under his breath as Yuuki set him back firmly on the ground. Getting to the altar room was just as challenging, especially since Yuuna had destroyed the flooring by taunting the armored boar. Yuuki taking the lead, they proceeded back to the altar room. Numerous times Yuuki had to turn around to catch one of her companions from falling, making their trek to the altar room more of a hassle than necessary. Finally reaching their destination, Yuuki walked forward and the doors swung open. They looked in and saw pure white air circling all around the altar. This is it, Yuuki thought. Yuuki walked forward and looked over her shoulder at them.

“Are you ready?” she asked and they nodded. Yuuki turned back to the altar and spoke. “Spirit of Air, we seek your power. Allow your winds to select your host so that we may purge the evil from this world.” The wind swirled throughout the room, passing through each of them. Suddenly Katsu was picked up and brought towards the altar, dropping him next to Yuuki. The winds turned into a cyclone before revealing a young girl who floated in the air, her green eyes and hair snapping in the wind. She had delicate robes of white clothing her and a white gem rested on her forehead. Her eyes darted to Yuuki and she smiled slightly.

“It has been awhile, Young One,” she said, her soft and godlike voice echoing from the walls. Yuuki bowed to her and smiled in return.

“It has been a while.”

“So this is the human who wishes to house my power,” the spirit said. After studying Katsu for a moment, she narrowed her eyes. “I refuse to be betrayed again. Get out of my sight.”

“Arya, listen to their case at least,” Yuuki said and Arya looked at her. “They are not here for your power for worldly pleasures.” Arya slid her eyes over to Katsu and he spoke up, mustering together whatever courage he could find.

“It’s true,” Katsu said and the spirit’s eyes narrowed into slits as she listened. “I’m not after power so I can get things that are worldly. I only seek your power to help a friend that is dear to me. She was betrayed by the people she put a lot of trust in and if I don’t help her, then she’s as good as dead.”

“The humans can fight their own battles without the power of a spirit,” Arya said strictly as a gust of wind swirled throughout the room. “I have no intention on helping humans wage war. That is a conflict only humans can stop.”

“But it’s not a human war!” Katsu exclaimed and Arya raised her eyebrows at his tone. “This is a battle of survival! Between the humans and the Niravarnians!”

“Niravarnians?” Arya said, her tone cold. Yuuki took a couple steps forward.

“It was a Niravarnian who betrayed you,” Yuuki whispered and the spirit looked at her before her eyes glowed an emerald green. The glow faded and Arya closed her eyes before a small smile came to her face. She looked compassionately over at Yuuki and her hand went to her chest, gently resting on it.

“I understand you Yuuki, however briefly,” Arya said softly and Yuuki lowered her eyes to the flow. “It’s your sister, the Sylph who was betrayed, correct?” Yuuki nodded her head. Arya turned back to Katsu. “I can see right through you. Your words ring true; you do not intend to use my power for evil purposes or your own selfish desires. If you are to challenge Niravarnia, then I shall lend you my power.”

“Thank you,” Katsu breathed as he bowed to her.

“Upon what oath do you swear our pact?” Arya said and Katsu thought for a moment before smiling.