Chapter Thirteen

Fumito hovered high above the clouds, his eyes peering down watching as Yuuna and her group started moving once again, heading in the direction of the city of Xenari. She still doesn’t seem hesitant in her journey, which is a good thing, he thought calmly. His eyes narrowed dangerously as his mind went back to Yuuki. He was getting irritated that she was slipping in between his fingers like a fish he couldn’t quite seem to catch. He was annoyed with this game of tag that Yuuki was playing and if it was up to him, he would have captured her his way. But to him, Yuuki had turned out to be more valuable than he had anticipated. He smiled at the mere thought of her defense system she used against Hibiki, knowing she had more power than to just melt away an existence. To be completely honest, she is turning out to be more powerful than Yuuna at the moment, Fumito thought as he gently scratched his chin. Wing beats sounded behind him and his eyes darted over to see Hibiki and Genji behind him. Hibiki now had his right arm only, his left arm completely destroyed by the power Yuuki had used against him. Two of his fingers were bones that had been stripped of their flesh. Fumito smiled wryly at Hibiki.

“Tougher than you imagined?” he teased and Hibiki growled angrily.

“I’ll kill that bitch,” he growled as he tightened his hand into a fist. “She’ll pay for what she did to me. I’ll cut—“

“Easy there, Hibiki,” Genji said as he put his hands behind his head. “You should’ve known she wouldn’t be that easy. Use your own damn head.” Hibiki glared murderously at Genji.

“Actually, I’m ordering that she not be killed,” Fumito said calmly as he looked straight ahead again. Genji gawked at him.

“You can’t be serious?” he asked. “What makes her so important that she not be killed?”

“Take into consideration her power,” Fumito said, keeping a level head. “Even though Yuuna has similar power, Yuuki’s could be used for several other purposes. From now on, I want her alive.”

“But the Chairman’s orders…” Genji started saying but Fumito held his hand up to him.

“I’m sure the Chairman will agree with my train of thought,” Fumito said as his hand fell back to his side. “I don’t need his permission for every small thing. As long as Yuuna becomes the vessel, he cannot complain.”

“Doesn’t matter her condition, right?” Hibiki snarled. “Can I chop her arm off as well so we can match?”

“No, she needs to be attached,” Fumito chuckled. “Injuries however, you can get as creative as you want.”

“That’s what I like to hear,” Genji said with a dark smile. Kaname suddenly appeared in front of Fumito and he bowed his head low.

“I bring you news,” he said as he looked back up at Fumito.

“Tell me what Yuuki and Yuuna talked about this time,” Fumito said lazily and Kaname had a grim expression.

“Yuuki has said she will explain things to Yuuna if she releases the temple’s guardian before she gets there.”

“Our little girl is becoming very, very naughty,” Fumito said with a chuckle as he shook his head.

“What are we going to do about it?” Kaname asked. “We can’t exactly waltz up to Yuuki easily. She might seek refuge with Yuuna again, and we can’t go near her.”

“Not yet at least,” Fumito said as he put his hand to his chin.

“Yuuna is also starting to accept the fact that they are sisters,” Kaname continued. “Since she is the older sister, that sisterly love is going to start getting in the way as she wants to protect her younger sister.”