Letter to Yuuki

Yuuki,

It’s been years since…you left. I’ve written a letter to you every day since the fall of Niravarnia. I feel as if I can still talk to you, even though I’ll never get a reply. The world is amazing—the world the Goddess intended it to be. I wish you could be here with everyone…and live it out with us. I really thought that you would be here with me, and that you could be reunited with Mom and Dad. Everywhere we go, you’re on my mind. I find myself thinking about you and wonder what it would be like if the end hadn’t turned out that way.

I wanted to say thank you, Yuuki. You’re my inspiration to go on. As much as I need you right now, I know somewhere, you are with the Goddess, fulfilling your part for this world. You’ve become a meaning to my life and I can say that I’m proud of everything you have endured. Thinking back to when our humanity was being stripped, yours was always more excruciating, wasn’t it? The pain was always more for you, yet you never hesitated in what you were going to do. Your existence has become foggy in the others mind, making it seem like you never truly existed. It’s painful to watch and hear that. But I’ll never forget you; ever. You were the only one who stuck with me, fought for me, and died for me. That’s something I can never pay you back for.

I sometimes have a feeling that I’ll wake up and find you standing at the door with that same arrogant smile on your face. I…truly wanted to be sisters. I’ll always be right here though…waiting for you. It feels strange, that I’m the one that’s alive and well. Me, who was supposed to die, am still alive. I never pegged the Goddess to be cruel…but if I knew goodbye would be this hard, I would’ve died with you. But looking back at it now, it probably wouldn’t change anything. So instead of dwelling on the past, I look forward to see what kind of future you’ll build for me. I suppose now is the time that I let you go.

Thank you, Yuuki, for giving me my life to treasure, my friends to hold, and a memory to cling to. I pray one day, the Goddess will allow me to see you again. Even if it’s just once, one more time will be enough.

Your older sister,

Yuuna