Chapter Twenty-Eight

Yuuki opened her eyes to see clouds swirling around her, white and puffy. They passed through her body as if she was an apparition and her eyes widened with disbelief as she could actually feel the clouds moist touch against her skin as they passed through her. She looked up and saw the figure of someone in the distance and she narrowed her eyes to try to see them better. It was a woman, wearing beautiful robes of turquoise and violet and she had long, flowing light green hair that swirled all around her. Her skin was flawless and as white as the clouds that circled her. Her face, however, was faceless. Yuuki watched as the woman stood there. Yuuki held up her right arm and noticed that the woman did the same. Yuuki turned her head slightly and the woman once again copied her movement.

“When the four come together led by the Divine power of one can peace truly be restored. The prophecy the stars foretell sleep at the center of the Divine,” Yuuki said although it wasn’t her voice that was speaking. “Once the treasures are obtained can the beast be tamed and reverse the world back in time.” Yuuki saw the figure being warped in clouds as the silky voice continued. “Life is but a treasure that only time can restore; life and death are ours alone. When the stars are aligned and the Divine wakes from her slumber may the curse of the Sylph be lifted. The defeat of the winged beast and the fall of the ancient city can reverse the world back into its proper time. Chaos will vanish, the dark will return to light and hatred will be no more. Only then, can the world return to its prosperity.”

Yuuki snapped her eyes opened and noticed her cell room was blackened; the only source of light was the two small candles that hung above her on the left and right. She was groggy from some type of drug Fumito had given her, and she was thankful she couldn’t feel any of the affects besides her eyesight being off. Yuuki then lowered her gaze to the ground, thinking about what she just saw. It wasn’t a memory, she thought as she closed her eyes, feeling her heart constrict. I understand…what a twisted turn of fate. Yuuki opened her eyes and looked at her wrists and saw that she was chained to the wall. She sighed, wondering how she was going to get out of this one. Then Yuuki remembered Saizo and she bit her lip to keep herself from crying out in frustration. Yuuki tried to move around but she found that her entire body was chained to the wall. Perfect, she thought as she hung her head. The door opened and she looked up to see Fumito looking at her as he entered the room.

“You’re unusually quiet for such a rambunctious girl,” he said as he walked over and Yuuki looked over to the side, staying silent. Fumito grabbed Yuuki’s hair and slammed her head against the wall, but she glared at him through her red eyes without flinching. He smiled cruelly at her. “Torturing you isn’t as fun since you can no longer feel the pain,” Fumito said as he released her. His eyes looked up and down her. “I see that Hibiki got his fill in. Too bad you can’t feel it. I’m sure the pain would be excruciating.” He turned and walked back towards the door before glancing over his shoulder. “You have three days to recover before we use you.” The door slammed shut behind him and Yuuki’s eyes sank back to the floor. If Fumito no longer found it pleasurable to torture her then it meant she would have time to think to herself, knowing she would be left alone. She figured Yuuna’s friends were already dead like Saizo, and that Yuuna was beyond saving. I really have failed, she thought as she closed her eyes. Noise outside made Yuuki open her eyes slowly and then she widened her eyes with disbelief as Daichi and Yamato busted through the door, with Katsu and Megumi trailing them. Daichi looked at her and his eyes hardened with anger.

“Yuuki, are you alright?” he whispered as he ran over. Yuuki avoided his gaze. “What did they do to you?! You’re covered in blood.”

“Why are you here?” she asked quietly ignoring his questions. She suddenly fell from the wall and landed in Daichi’s arms as he cut through her chains.