Chapter Three

Three of the Ronin charged and an evil gleam danced across Daichi’s eyes as he met them, cutting them down with ease. Fireballs rained down from over his head as Katsu summoned his spells, setting the Ronin on fire. Daichi put his swords up in front of him, crossing them into an X formation.

“Sword Technique,” Daichi yelled as he sped past them with blinding speed, his arms spread out with his swords in the air, drenched in blood. The bodies of the Ronin collapsed behind him and Daichi looked over his shoulder at them. “Demon’s Bite.” Katsu ran over to him, panting hard.

“What did they want? What did we see?”

“I guess I should’ve left one alive to ask them that,” Daichi said as he sheathed his swords. “I wonder if it has something to do with that person we saw.”

“But we didn’t even see the person’s face!” Katsu said desperately. Daichi sighed.

“Let’s just go, before we’re accused of something else,” he said as he continued down the road.

“You’re just going to leave all these bodies here?” Katsu said, almost horrified.

“Burn them to ashes, okay?” Daichi said with a sincere smile and Katsu’s face fell with an expression of ‘this isn’t a joke’.

“Daichi, be real. That wouldn’t accomplish anything.”

“This is such a hassle,” Daichi sighed as he gave in, and they hauled the bodies into the bushes, out of sight for people walking by. After hiding the bodies, they continued down the road until they came upon a wooden house that was overrun with nature; vines were crawling up the sides, algae was starting to grow on the rooftop and wildflowers danced across the entire area. Daichi opened the front door and collapsed on the small sofa in the corner while Katsu pulled up a wooden chair. “I’ve had too much going on today. More than I can handle,” Daichi complained and Katsu just smiled.

“Still, I’m actually really curious as to who that person was.”

Daichi sat up straight. “You wanna go back even though we were attacked?”

“Well, that person seemed important if they were going to try and kill us for seeing it, right?”

“You must be out of your damn mind,” Daichi said with a lazy expression on his face as he flopped back down.

“How do you expect to best Yamato with that attitude?” Katsu said with a sly smile, knowing he was getting under Daichi’s skin.

“Don’t bring that bastard up,” Daichi growled. “It pisses me off just thinking about it.” Daichi closed his eyes, running over the events that had taken place. A knock sounded at the door and Daichi slowly opened his eyes, a dark glint in them. Katsu slowly got to his feet as Daichi unsheathed one of his swords. Slowly, Daichi walked over and gripped the knob of the door. Nodding to Katsu, he flung the door open and he raised his sword. Yuuna screamed and fell back, Yamato catching her as she fell. Daichi huffed and rolled his eyes.

“What are you doing here?”

“I told you I would come see you after the meeting,” Yuuna said as she got back on her feet steadily.

“Not you, him. I don’t want him here,” Daichi said glaring at Yamato.

“What a coincidence, cause I don’t want to be here either. But she insisted and since I’m guarding her, I don’t have a choice,” Yamato said returning the glare.

“Why are you two so tensed up?” Yuuna asked Katsu, trying to defuse the tension between the two that glared over her.

“We got attacked at the entrance to the woods,” Katsu said as Daichi stepped aside, allowing Yuuna and Yamato in. “There were some Ronin there.”