{18}

Harvey's POV

3 days, 11 hours, and 30 minutes since Max went into the hospital. The days seem to drag by longer, it's crazy. I mean it was a stupid mistake...right?
As I'm brushing my teeth for bed I overhear my parents talking in their bedroom through the air vent. I crouch down to listen better.
"We can't do anything until Max wakes up." Mom says
"It's been 3 days Sara.." dad says
"Paul you need to have a little hope. I can't just let my baby go." Mom says
"Sara you have to understand that we can't keep him on the ventilator for long, the doctors are getting impatient." Dad says
"Max is Harvey's twin brother. Harvey wouldn't last without Max and I could say the same for Max if Harvey was in this situation. Paul be reasonable." Mom says
"Only a little while longer Sara. We can't do this for much longer.." dad says
I stand back up. They're thinking about letting Max go... please wake up Max.
~
Me and Mom visit Max again the next day. He lays there immobile. I sit down in the chair next to his bed. I lean in close to his ear.
"Max you have to wake up soon. They're thinking about letting you go if you don't wake up within the next few days. You can't go. I can't be left here alone." I say into his ear
He makes the slightest shift, it's so small you can't even notice but I did.
"Max I know you're in there. I know you're trying, you have to try harder okay? Please please try." I say
I lean back in the chair and stare at him. He doesn't make any other movements, I know he's in there somewhere trying to come out. I move to let mom talk to him, I step outside and wait in the hallway. I close my eyes for a second and try to clear my head.
"Harvey?" Someone asks
I open my eyes and see Camille walking towards me.
"Camille." I say
I notice a cast around her arm, I see Lizzie and Dylan's signature on it.
"Visiting Max?" She asks
I nod.
"Just me and my mom today." I say
She nods.
"How is everything?.." I ask awkwardly
"Okay. My arms healing and my concussion is doing ok I guess." She says
I nod.
"Just glad no one died." I say
She nods.
"Well I have I go, talk to you later." She says and walks away
I look back down at the floor staring at my feet. I wore Max's nikes today because I couldn't find mine. He's probably hiding them somewhere. The door opens to the room.
"Ready?" Mom asks
I nod. We begin walking to the main door. As we walk I glance around at the doctors rushing through the halls and the all the doors that have someone behind them.
~
I tell Laney about what I heard from my parents over the phone later that night.
"They really said that?" She asks
"Yeah. It's crazy. I really do hope Max wakes up." I say
"Yeah me too. I don't want him to die." Laney says
I wince when she says die. I prefer not to use such a strong word.
"Me either." I say
"Just pray Harvey. God is with you right now, he'll do what's right." She says
All I can do is sigh and nod to myself.
~
~
Max's POV

I think about what Harvey said to me today. My own parents are thinking of letting me go? How is that even relevant for them to say? They would fight to keep their child alive, not give up and lose hope. But it takes everyone ounce of me to wake up, it's like I'm trapped inside this world. I'm awake but my body isn't. I need to wake my body up. I made some subtle movements today that I think Harvey noticed. It's getting a littler easier each day but I think I need to try harder, like Harvey said. I clear my mind of everything and only think of waking up. I concentrate real hard, my breathing within becomes heavier. I first try to move my hands. It comes to me and I'm able to move them. Now I focus on my legs and feet and toes. They're a little harder so I concentrate harder. I first move my toes then feet then legs. Easy. Now the hard part, actually waking up everything else in the body. I do a lot of hard concentrating, the breathing becomes heavier. 1.....2....3... I force my eyes open, they fly open.

Looks like Max woke up! Yay! I was going to make this chapter longer but I decided to save it for next chapter and leave you guys annoyed 😂💗 thanks for the reads! Make sure you vote comment and share!