35. We are the same

"Hey Kookie! I just got out from the dorm! On my way to the restaurant right now!" Lisa walked out from the door and headed toward a bus stop with her hat and mask on. She wore the pinkish white dress inside a thin jacket because she couldn't find any winter jackets that match this outfit.

"Are you sure you don't need me to pick you up?" Jungkook, who was already at the restaurant waiting, asked.

"Yeah, the place is not that far, I'll be fine."

The bus came and Lisa sat down in a seat near the back. Obviously she did not want to get attention from others, but the restaurant that Jungkook suggested is not in the city, so probably not a lot of people would notice her.

Lisa hummed the favorite song and wondered about how amazing today will be with Jungkook. Would this count as a date? As she sank into her thoughts, a ringtone pulled her back to reality.

"Mom! What's up? I didn't get to visit you yet!" Lisa tried to lower her voice though she was excited to receive a call from her mom. It's been a long time since Lisa saw her mom.

No words came up on the other side of the phone, there was no reply, just sobbing sounds.

"Mom?" Lisa worried at the sound of her mom crying, "What's wrong?"

"Lalice... I'm at the hospital. Your grandmother.. Accidentally tripped and fell down the staircase... The doctor said there's severe brain injury and she's in the operating room right now... We, we don't know if she can make it..."

"!" Lisa froze; she didn't know how to react to all this information. Her family came to Korea to visit her, she hasn't seen her grandma ever since she came to Seoul, and now her grandma is in the hospital? And she might not even... survive?

"Lalice, we are at the Kim Bok Hospital, please come as quickly as you can.. If you don't have schedule.." Lisa's mom was still crying, there were some noises by her, possibly from her father and her aunt.

Lisa threw her phone in her bag and got off the bus as it just reached a new stop. She ran back as fast as she could. The weather was still cold outside, and warm tears streamed down her face. She ran and ran, until a man stopped her.

"Lisa?!" Taehyung was surprised to see Lisa running on the street even though she's suppose to be with Jungkook right now. "What are you doing here? What happened.

Taehyung swore he just came outside to ride his bike, and this whole thing just happened.

"I, oppa, I need to go to, hospital! Right now!" Taehyung was like the last hope she had, Lisa grabbed onto his sleeves and cried. "Please!"

"Calm down calm down, get on the bike." Lisa got on and Taehyung started biking, "Which hospital?"

"Kim Bok."

"Hold on to me tightly, I'm gonna get you there as quickly as I can."

=

"Lalice...." A woman approached Lisa as she ran towards the operating room. The expressions on her face gave Lisa a bad feeling.

"Mom, where's grandma?" Lisa held onto her mother's arms and looked around. The light on top of the operating room was off. Everything was so quiet.

"Your grandma... Passed away." Her aunt broke into crying as her mom said this.

Lisa stood there, she just stood there. She lived with her grandma since she was very young, and she loves her very much. Lisa hasn't seen her for almost six years, and now that she finally got a chance, she's gone. Lisa's eyes were red, but no tears came out.

Taehyung didn't understand a word they said, but he knew that something unfortunate happened. He was debating whether or not he should say something, but before he could, Lisa dragged him out the hospital.

=

Taehyung quietly followed Lisa as she walked aimlessly along the Han River. There were no words, they just walked. They walked from noon till sunset. They walked until there was no one at the Han River.

"Lisa..." Taehyung finally broke the silence and put his jacket around her. It's cold..."

"My grandma... She's gone..." Lisa spoke and Taehyung opened his eyes widely. "I couldn't even see her for the last time."

"If I didn't make plans today, then I would've probably come here in time." Her tone was cold as ice, "It's all me."

"Lisa, it's not your fault. You did nothing wrong." Taehyung turned Lisa over to make her look at him, but she pushed him away.

"Why are you saying that, you don't understand anything."

"No," Taehyung said as he grabbed her shoulders, "I know how you feel. I know exactly how you feel. Because I've been through the same."

=

Jungkook waited till the restaurant closed. Lisa didn't come. She didn't text him or call him. It's like she just disappeared. He wasn't afraid of her ditching the plan. He was scared that something bad happened to her. He was worried.

=

a/n: i'm sorry but did you guys expect this coming