X.

Previously:

We saved Allura from Zarkon. During the mission, Keith ignored the orders and fought Zarkon. But we managed to escape before any of us could die, through a defected wormhole.

~

"Come on, come on, come on," repeated Keith as he tried to control his Lion.

But it didn't work and we crashed violently in the floor.

"You okay, Y/N," he asked.
" I...think," I answered a bit dizzy.
" We had a tough battle, maybe that's why Red isn't responding," he said. "We'll fix you up."
"Oh right," I said caughting Keith's attention. "That's for shutting down the communication device and that's for making me worried, stupid mullet," I yelled as I kicked him two times in his legs.
"It hurts !"
"Really? Then that's good,"I replied sarcastically as I went outside.
"Why are you angry," he asked as he took my hands to face him.
"Are you serious? Why am I angry? You acted on your own and disobeyed the order. And, you recklessly attacked Zarkon all alone. You could have been really hurt! Without saying that you were insolent to Coran by shutting down the communication device. You're a stupid, selfish, insolent mullet," I yelled at him while I was shaking from anger.
"I... I'm sorry Y/N," he replied looking down.

There was an awkward moment of silence between us. We didn't talk to each other, nor we looked at each other. There was a wall between us, built from guilt and anger. I was angry at him and he felt guilty, but still even if we didn't say anything or looked at each other we were still close. We were still friends. And we knew that we'll talk again and that everything will return to normal between us. Maybe that's why, even if we were at this very moment distant, we were still close because we were still holding our hands together.

"I wonder where we have landed," said Keith breaking the silence between us.
"Right, Shiro," I said as I remembered seeing the Black Lion falling down with us on this planet. "Shiro, can you hear me? "
" Shiro, are you there," asked Keith while running in order to have a better signal. "Answer me! Shiro, it's Keith!"
" Keith, Keith, I'm here. I'm okay," answered my brother.
" Shiro, you made it," said Keith.
" It takes more than a glowing alien wound, a fall from the upper atmosphere, and crashing into a hard pan surface, at what I'm guessing is about 25 meters per second squared, to get rid of me," he replied. "How are you? Is my sister with you?"
" I'm here, bro. I'm fine," I replied happy to hear his voice. "But... our Lion's busted. Wait, what wound?!"
" It's nothing," he answered.
"Hang on, we're coming," said Keith to my brother. "He's going to be fine Y/N, we'll join him as fast as we can, okay?"
" Yeah," I whispered.
" On a second thought, you'd better hurry," said my brother.
" Shiro, what happened," asked Keith.
"There's several creatures," he replied.

Keith and I ran as fast as we could to help my brother but at each steps that we made, the ground cracked and geysers appeared. Soon enough, we were surrounded by fountains of hot water.

" Uh-oh," said Keith. "Y/N, hold me tight!"

I obeyed him and hold him. He used his jet-pack in order to protect us from geysers. But, his jet-pack was damaged and I didn't have one. So at one moment, we were hit by one of the geysers and were sent directly in a cliff. Keith had good reflexes, he saved us with bayard which was inside the rock.

"Keith, Y/N, what happened,":asked my brother. "Are you okay?"
"Minor delay," answered Keith, "but I'm on my way. How are you?"
" I'm all right, but I'm trapped in a cave, and some nasty-looking creatures have me cornered."
" If they touch my brother, I'm going to make a steak out of them," I said angrily shocking Keith.
"Uh, stay put. We're coming," replied Keith. "We just have to... figure this out," said Keith as we looked at the big cliff and the very far away border.

***

" Patience yields focus," said Keith all serious.
" That really stayed with you, didn't it," said Shiro.
" You've given me some good advice," replied Keith. "If it wasn't for you, my life would have been a lot different."
"Yeah. You wouldn't have crashed a flying lion on an alien planet and be stuck with little hope of rescue. So, you're welcome," said Shiro coughing.
" Stay with me, brother," I said panicking.

Keith cut a part of the ground in order to propulse us to the other border with the pressure of the water. It worked but it stopped halfway. Fortunately, Keith's jet-pack could still make us fly a little more. We reached the border safely and as soon as we stood up we ran to join my brother.

" Keith! Y/N!"
" Hang on, we're coming," replied Keith breathless.
" Good, because these guys just started digging," exclaimed Shiro.
"Shiro, we have a visual on the Black Lion," chuckled Keith just before we heard my brother screaming.
" Shiro, what happened," I asked. "Quick," I yelled to Keith.

When we arrived, my brother was surrounded by monsters. Keith went to see the Black Lion and tried to convince it to help Shiro but it didn't move or respond.

" Move," I ordered Keith. "Black Lion, let me use you. I need you to help my brother." Please, I don't want to lose him as second time.

The Black Lion has awoken and opened to me. So I took the control and guided Black to where my brother was. I crushed the monsters one by one, making them fly in an other dimension.

***

Keith POV

Y/N was in Black trying to contact the other, while Shiro and I were outside neaer a fire to warm up from the coldness.

"Thanks for saving me," said Shiro.
"You'd have done the same for us," I replied. "How's your wound?"
"My wound's great. It's getting bigger all the time," he answered sarcastically. "Just trying to lighten the mood."
" Hang in there. When Allura and Coran find us, they'll fix you right up."
"Keith, if I don't make it out of here... I want you to protect Y/N and I want you to lead Voltron."
"Stop talking like that. You're gonna make it. Uh?"

A wormhole opened in front us. The Green Lion was here to save us.